Chapter 10: ⓜⓐⓡⓘⓝⓐ

Chapter 10: Marina  

     I had called Holland and ordered him to pick me up and take me to Thor. He had done it willingly, and not questioned about my skiving. 

     I pounded on the front door and Thor opened it with a disapproving glance. 

     "To what do I owe the pleasure?" he asked. 

     "What's this talk of a battle?" I demanded. If I wasn't the Beta and Delta's daughter, talking like that was sure to have me punished. 

     He sighed. "You needn't be concerned." 

     "I do if it's about me and Holland!" I blurted. 

     "Marina, go back to school and we'll discuss this later." 

     I groaned as he shut the door in my face. I turned back to Holland. 

     "This is your fault, mister. Fix it," I said. 

     He opened his mouth to argue, then thought better of it and shut his mouth. 

     Instead of going back to school like Thor had instructed, I made my way to the woods after convincing Holland to go home and continue with his studies. 

     I sat on the ground amongst the damp leaves and exhaled. I couldn't believe our little spat had caused peace to crumble and a whole battle to break out. Completely unintentional.

     I wondered if there was another way to convince the Alphas not to fight. To talk it out. Or let Holland, Harvey and I sort it out.

     Harvey. Holland. I promised myself I would sort something out between them as soon as possible.

     "Thought I might find you out here." 

     I spun my head around to see Harvey smiling shyly at me. He didn't step any closer, thinking I might push him away like all the other times. 

     "How did you know?" I asked. 

     "Mate sense." He shrugged. 

     Perhaps it had been my thinking of him that caused him to come here. I patted the ground next to me and he sat down, hesitantly and nervously draping his arm around my shoulder. 

     "There's gonna be a battle," he said. 

     "I know. Just think, all this is gonna be a bloodbath." 

     "All 'cause of us."

     "I wish there was some way to stop it, but my Alpha, Thor, he seems to intent on this." 

     "Yeah, mine too. I think, as wolves, they've been waiting to fight for a long time, so any chance they get they'll go for it." 

     I didn't hear any of what he said because I was too busy studying his facial features. His long, chestnut eyelashes. His lively green eyes. His day-old stubble. His fashionably messy hair. His sculpted lips. 

     "Promise me you won't fight, Harvey," I whispered. 

     He looked at me. 

     "But I want to." 

     "No. Don't. We'll work something out. The answer to our dilemma." 

     He opened his mouth so I took this chance and kissed him. At first, he was shocked, but he kept it tender, even after all the feelings he must've been experiencing. Harvey cupped my face in his hands and held me gently. 

     Time to step it up a notch. 

     I put my hand up his shirt and felt the faint ridges and ridges of his six-pack. I explored further up his smooth chest. Harvey moaned softly against my lips and goosebumps appeared at my touch. 

    We stood up together, still kissing desperately. I wrapped my legs around his body and he supported my bum, like that night at the Ball. 

     "Where...to?" Harvey said breathlessly, in between touching my lips with his. 

     "The cub shed," I replied. 

     With me clung to him like a koala bear, he walked there with enough concentration to not crash into a tree. He shut the door behind us and set me down on the floor. Harvey let me pull of his shirt; in return he took off my gilet and top. 

     "You're beautiful," he whispered. 

     "Shut up," I said and smashed our lips together. 

     We unbuttoned each other's jeans and managed to kick them off without moving away from other's mouth too much. 

     He placed his hands on the small of my back and pulled me even closer to him. Our skin sizzled passionately where it touched, which was almost everywhere. Almost. 

     I looped my fingers in the elastic of Harvey's boxers. 

     "No, Marina. This is enough," he said. 

     "This will never be enough," I responded.

     "Ready?" he whispered.

     "As ever."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bah. I haven't uploaded in aages. 16 days or something? I suck. ._.

Short chapter, sorreh.

Pwease:

Vote.

Comment.

Fan/follow.

Go for it!

Bai. =^-^=