When your a Hufflepuff

~:Chapter five:~

Tonks walked back to the Hufflepuff common room, she lazily said the password and sat down in one of the comfortable chairs where some third years were playing a game of wizards chess and the boy was determined to beat the girl

"Knight to C-4!" The boy said his eyes not leaving the board

"Queen to C-4" the girl smirked as she watched her queen destroy his knight

Tonks shook her head and then headed up to her dormitory, she hated being in Hufflepuff it was horrible! All her friends were in Gryffindor, including Moony her boyfriend...Even though they had fights Tonks truly loved Remus.

Then a thought struck Tonks, she would go see Dumbledore and ask if she could be put in Gryffindor, after all it was worth a try!

*

"I'm sorry Miss Tonks but the sorting hat placed you in Hufflepuff! You can't change houses because all your friends are in one! And beside's your in your seventh and final year so it won't make a difference anyway" Dumbledore said

"But Professor! Please you must know being a Hufflepuff is the worst! I have no friends in Hufflepuff! They are all in Gryffindor!" Tonks whined

"Miss Tonks! I am sorry but if the sorting hat placed you in Hufflepuff you must stay in Hufflepuff! Throughout all my years at this school I have never come across a student who wants to change houses!"

"That's because they aren't in Hufflepuff! The worst house at Hogwarts!" 

"Now you are putting shame to your house! And matters further Helga Hufflepuff herself! No matter what you say you are staying in Hufflepuff!"

"Fine..." Tonks said and stormed out of Dumbledore's office.

She was now officially annoyed, her hair had turned red and her fists were clenched, why did she have to be a Hufflepuff? What made the sorting hat think she needed to be in Hufflepuff? But suddenly Tonks had a cunning idea...

She grabbed a stool and placed it by a shelf of Dumbledore's rather odd belonging's then reached for the sorting hat, she grabbed it, hopped off the stool and put it on.

"Miss Tonks! Why have you brought me down here? You have already been sorted into a house! Hufflepuff, you are doing very well in that house you know" the sorting hat said in it's wise voice

"But I just have to be in Gryffindor! It's where all my friends are..."

"They were destined to go into Gryffindor I could just tell, but there was something different about you to the rest, you were special, not just because your a metamorphmagus because your a smart girl Nymphadora Tonks, so Hufflepuff was your house to be in"

"So your saying me, Tonks is smart?"

"Smarter than you know it dear, now hurry up and put me back on the shelf I was enjoying my sleep"

"Right sorry, thank you for your time"

Tonks hopped back on the stool and placed the hat on it's rightful shelf, feeling happier than she was earlier. In fact she had a lot more confidence in herself... Well more confidence to beat up Sirius anyway...No she was serious! (No not Sirius) she would try harder now, besides this was her last year at Hogwarts and she had to get a good job.

Tonks ran up to her common room and into her dormitory and rummaged through her trunk and found a heap of unfinished homework, she grabbed plenty of quills, plenty of ink pots and all her text books and juggled then down to the common room where she sat in the corner and began furiously finishing them.

Suddenly a figure appeared above her, Tonks looked up and saw it was Miranda she was a fifth year that Tonks was friendly with, but she seemed rather confused.

"Tonks why are you doing homework? You never do homework! You spend half your life beating up Remus a quarter of it beating up Sirius and the rest of it changing your hair colour! What has gotten into you?" Miranda asked

"Well Mindy I er..." Tonks paused she wasn't going to let her know that she saw the sorting hat about her stupid dilemma of wanting to be in Gryffindor because to Miranda Helga Hufflepuff was like her god and it seemed stupid even now to her that she wanted to change houses because of her friends. "I have to get this homework done because it's my last year at Hogwarts and if I don't get it done I won't get a job, and I don't want to leave school thinking i'm going to employed in the muggle world or even worse unemployed completely"

"Alright then...It's still a little odd for you to be doing this sort of thing, i'll see you later..." And with that she stormed off

Tonks rolled her eyes and looked at her potions book, she understood potions better than she did some subjects but it was still hard, but she failed miserably in defence against the dark arts... Divination was ok so was Transfiguration, charms she understood completely but she hated Herbolagy.

Tonks quickly finished off the potions homework then turned to the defence against the dark arts book, she had no idea what the unforgivable curses were and didn't want to know...And she had no idea what a boggart was, but she had to get this homework done and there was only one person who could help her with that apart from a teacher...