Ch 1

Crystal's P.O.V

The loud sound of a new born reached my ears. Groaning, i rolled out of the warm covers and made my way over to the crib.

Bright dark green eyes starred up at me as i reached down, picking up the small child. Her crying had stopped, now quiet she snuggled into me.

I stayed there for awhile, rocking her and humming a soft tune. Arms wrapped around my waist. A head sat on my shoulder.

: " I think she's asleep now. "

Gaara: " I'll never understand how you can calm children down so easily. "

: " Neither will i Gaara. Neither will i. "

A few years have gone by and Dashyte is growing up strong. She's also a big sister now. Little Raki came into the world just a couple of weeks ago. I think he's already taken a liking to his father.

Although Gaara doesn't really know what to do with children. He sure does smile when Dashyte yells 'Daddy' running up to him, glomping him in a tight hug. Just like today.....

I was carrying Raki while Dashyte walked beside me, more like floated. She had apparently gotten both Garra's sand and my ice ability's.

When we finally made it to the Kasikage office. I opened the door and Dashyte went running past me.

Dashyte: " Daddy! "

Gaara looked up from his paper work. Once he saw his little girl jumping into his arms, he smiled. Not some smirk, but a real genuine smile.

:" I thought we would drop by before we headed out. "

Gaara pulled Dashyte into his lap. His smile faded a little.

Dashyte: " We get to see Uncle Naruto and old man Kakashi! "

: " Yes, you ready for the long walk? "

Dashyte: " Who said i'll be walking? I got daddy's sand to carry me and it'll protect me just like he was there and mommy will kick the butt of any evil man that even dares come near us. "

Gaara chuckled: " That's right. "

I walked around the desk and gave Gaara a peck on his lips.

Dashyte: " EW! I'ma wait for mommy outside. "

Dashyte jumped off Gaara's lap and ran out the door.

: " Little does she know, one day she'll be doing the same. "

Gaara: " Not if i can help it. "

: " Now Gaara, you know she won't be asking for your approval. Besides if she doesn't like the guy she'll ask you to take care of him. That or she'll do it herself. "

Gaara only nodded. I leaned down to give him one more kiss before i left.

As we walked out of the village i turned around to see Gaara standing in our favorite spot, watching us leave. I waved to him before turning back around continuing on our way to the leaf.