I Solemnly Swear That I Am Not In Love, Chapter one: Trust me?

Joy was drenched from head to toe, The rain was pounding onto the cobblestone. She was shivering, and still had a long way to go. 

"Hey Beautiful," 

Joy Kept her head down and kept walking, she could hear the man’s steps keeping pace with her. From the sounds of it, there was more than one. She felt someone grab her arm; her hand grasped her wand as she turned around.

"What are you doing out on this fine evening?" The man’s teeth were crooked as he smiled, his clothes looked torn, and his black hair was long and knotted. The group behind him followed the same dress code.

"None of your business is what I’m doing, “Joy replied calmly, though her heart was racing. She tried to shrug off the man’s grip, his group behind him laughed. His face was close to hers now, their noses inches from touching, his smile was cruel.

"That’s not very nice now deary," his face was becoming closer to hers, inches were now centimetres. Joys mind was taking flight; she tried to remain calm on the surface her eyes were screaming for help. Her grip on her wand tightened.

"Oi!" All of the men, as well as her turned to see who had joined them.  A familiar looking man who was no more then 18 was standing in what looked to be his sleepwear. He was walking out of the bright joke shop, his red hair askew. "Leave her alone, alright?" 

The first man's grip loosened. He leaned in and whispered in Joy’s ear.

"You're lucky you have Weasley around, hopefully next time you won't." The man winked, sending shivers of fear- and a little bit of the cold- down her spine.

The man turned to leave followed by the crew of clones behind him. Joy turned and walked towards the familiar looking boy. The rain kept her vision slightly blurred, but she now knows why she had recognized him; he was one of the Weasley twins from school, she hadn’t seen them in a while; though they had talked before she didn’t really know them other than for their tricks they constantly played on both the students and the staff at Hogwarts.

"Hey, you alright?" The Weasley was walking out from under the overhang above the joke shop. 

"It's raining pretty hard, if you want, you could come in till the storm passes?"  He was practically shouting to be heard over the increasing noise of the rain. Joy looked hesitant, their eyes met.

"Trust me?" The boy put his hand out towards her. Joy slowly stepped toward him; she knew she didn’t want another episode of what had just happened she put her hand in his as they ran towards the joke shop.

Once inside the boy turned on the light. They passed extravagant colours, beautiful displays, and plenty of objects to be used for pranking as they headed up the stairs into the boys flat. He creaked the door open.

"Would you like some tea?"He whispered while taking her jacket. Every bit of her was dripping she was shivering.

"Yes please, and - thank you..."

"Fred," The boy replied with a smile "And my pleasure ...?"

"Joy," She smiled back at him.

"Seventh Year?"

"yep."

"Lovely," They stood awkwardly for some time, getting eye contact every couple of seconds.

"So..." Joy started "... I will help you with the tea?"

"Yeah, Yeah that would be great," Fred grinned "Right this way" he lead her into the kitchen. He was beginning to fill a kettle with water as Joy fidgeted with her jean pockets.

"What were you doing out so late?" Fred asked while looking at the clock. The clock read 1:23.

"I was bored, so I went for a walk, it was nice out when I left" She grinned while pointing to her light t-shirt and jeans. "I just happened to go further than expected."

Fred laughed and pulled her out one of the two chairs that sat on either end of a small wooden table, "Well it's not that great out now is it?" 

"Obviously not" Joy smiled as she flicked her hair towards Fred, splashing his face. Fred pretended to be shocked, and then grinned turning on the faucet. He created a bowl with his hands placing it under the running water, throwing the water into Joys' face. They both started laughing continuing to spray water out of the sink and onto each other.

They both stopped as soon as they heard a door creaked open. A more half asleep version of Fred was dragging themselves out of their room.

"Freddie, what in god’s name are you doing?" 

-----------------------------------------------

AN: yep, there we go. Next chapter is going to be uploaded very very soon. Feed back?