Chapter Two: The Egyptian Prince

"Did you see the look on her face? You really have been working on your powers! You scared the immortal out of them with your powers!" Eros laughed in glee as we landed on a fancy statue of an Egyptian God.

The god had a head of a bird and a body of the man. I was pretty sure it was Horus, but I couldn't be sure. We were sitting by the God's feet. The statue was painted with brilliant colors that I hadn't seen back at Mount Olympus. I wondered, secretly, how many times Eros ran away to Egypt when he was bored.

Eros pulled his wings back in and stood up as I sat down and curled my knees to my chest. He bent down to my level to see me crying. "Oh Kore, what's wroooonnnggg?" He held out the word wrong just to annoy me. "Leuke is a nymph. They aren't all that loyal anyway."

"She was to me!" I finally croaked out in a weak attempt to prove him wrong.

She'll end up alone.

I couldn't believe that she said that. About me.

You'll find your love someday, I promise.

So had she been lying to me when she said that? That had to be it. She was lying to me all this time which would have to mean she didn't care about me. She was only being kind to me because she was afraid of my mother. She never cared about me…this couldn't…this…all those times.

I buried my face in my knees.

What did I do to deserve this?

Eros huffed and spat on the ground (away from the statue). "You're a wild child, so what? Who gives a care if you're not like the other goddesses? I sure don't. The other goddesses bore me to death, but you are interesting."

I gave him a look that made him frown even deeper than before. "Lets see. Artemis won't even let me near her because all she does his hunt and has a weird thing against men, my mother is always staring at a mirror, Athena is always staring at a book, Eris is always with her brother and don't forget those creepy ideas on how to destroy the mortal world, Hera is always trying to get Zeus to stay loyal, Amphitrite is always in the ocean and just as egotistical as my mom, and-"

I grinned a little, "I get your point."

"But you're different and I like that so you won't end up alone."

"My mother hates-"

"As I said before, she's boring and over protective. Come on, I'll prove it to you."

I sniffled slightly and wiped my nose with the back of my hand, "Prove what?"

"That any man will fall in love with you." He grabbed my hand and we walked around, invisible to the humans. I was curious as to how he was going to prove this to me, but a strange bubbling feeling in my stomach.

The humans here spoke Egyptian with a mixture of Greek and possibly Latin. The air smelled odd with humans, foods, and animals.

"Don't you want this beautiful necklace?" A shop keeper asked someone as he held out a necklace.

The world began to spin with noises.

I looked up at my friend. "What are you doing?"

"I'm looking for the prince of Egypt. He'll fall so madly in love with you that your mother and that nymph would have to shut up." Eros held my hand while doing this.

We walked up to a large palace with even larger statues of their gods. I could name all of the Egyptian gods and goddesses by heart because I found them fascinating to be honest. They were so much more interesting then my mother and the other gods and goddesses.