Chapter 16

A couple more days passed by, and here we are to me arriving at Juilliard for the graduation. It was May 26 and a Saturday. I always hated it when they had graduations on Saturdays. Always hated it.

I walked into the building and immediately to the auditorium. I wanted to get this thing over and done with, so I could go home and make some decisions. Decisions such as what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go when I left New York. Yes, I was leaving New York immediately.

I was a little late, but not too late to miss my name being called. Slowly, I walked into the row and waited for my name to be Called. They weren't even those to my last name.

The auditorium was filled with people. Crowded. So fucking crowded.

A little while later, my name was called.

"Anne Elizabeth Woods," was all I heard, and I walked onto the stage. The lady gave me my scroll like thing, and I walked toward the chairs on the stage to sit. This was the graduating class.

I guess I was the last one, because when I sit down, all of the people graduating stood up immediately around me. So, I did too.

Then, the lady spoke. "Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to present you, the class of 2020."

Everyone in the auditorium stood up and clapped and cheered. The class threw up their caps, including me. I was fucking done with college.

After getting congratulated many times, I walked out of the auditorium and towards the exit. But, a voice stopped me.

"Anne," And I turned around, being met with someone who I didn't think I would see.