Prologue: Nathan

So here it is. My first BoyxBoy. Hopefully you guys enjoy it. I wanted to do something different than the stories that are usually on here so hopefully I succeed. Lol. So please comment! Let me know what you think and where the story should go!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I fell in a downward spiral the minute Julie Schiller cheated on me. I'm convinced that's the moment the gates of hell opened and began to beckon my name. It's all her fault. I was living happily in Forester before she messed everything up. I was doing excellent in school, I had a great relationship with my father and his congregation, and people respected me.

Being the preacher's kid definitely had its benefits here. I never had to work for anything. As long as I kept the golden image that was beseeched of me, I never had to struggle. I had it easy. I basically had everything.

Not to be vain, but I was fairly attractive with neat blonde hair and bright green eyes. Plus I was well fit from my participation in soccer and swimming previous to senior year. I was friends with everyone at my school, had been voted senior class president, and will probably have a whole page dedicated to all my accomplishments in the yearbook. I even had the Mayor's daughter for a girlfriend. Surely I was blessed and in God's favor. He gave me such a wonderful life and I owed him with my lifestyle. I strived to be an exemplary Christian and role model to others. I started the Missionary and Good Will Society just to do that.

But it's hard to be an example for others when you find out your girlfriend has been cheating on you with some random guy from the town over...and is now pregnant with his baby. There was no way for me to ever prepare for that. I never would have thought that Julie could be capable of such deception.

At that time, I had been dating Julie for three years. Our families were well aquatinted and highly influential in Forester. It just made sense to date her. The fact that she was pretty and kind was just a bonus. What I didn't plan on was actually loving her.

Julie became seemingly perfect in my eyes. She was bright, encouraging, insightful, and extremely caring. She could make you smile in your darkest moments, and she could make you feel as if you were the most important person. She always comforted me whenever I was stressed and on the verge of caving under pressure. It was just her nature to be good and loving, hence why I fell in love with her. We had a high level of understanding and appreciation for each other and we built our relationship on trust and respect. She was an excellent girlfriend, but most importantly, she had been my first real friend.

Physical intimacy had never really been something we concerned about. We were content with just holding each other's hands and the simple kiss on the cheek. Or rather, I was content with that. She obviously wasn't.

I remember the tragic day I found out the news. The day that set everything into motion.

It was Forester's annual BBQ and the whole town was out and about enjoying the day. School was about to end and it was a celebration to the beginning of the summer. Julie and I had spent most of the day socializing and greeting people, smiling like golden children are supposed to. After all, our dads were the two most respected men in Forester. We had an image to uphold.

She didn't want to eat much and said she was watching her figure. I didn't want to say anything to her about it, but she was starting to pack on some weight, and I was glad she was taking on the initiative to control it. Maybe that's why she's been so distant these last few weeks. She must've been worried about her weight. It bothered me that she felt the need to hide herself from me, but she's a girl, and from what I understand about females, being insecure about their bodies is typical.

Exhausted after the long day in the sun, we had taken refuge in one of the youth hang spots. Julie had looked so run down, that I began to worry.

"Honey, are you all right?" I asked pressing my hand to into hers. But then she threw up. It was actually quite disgusting and echoes of "ews" filled the area. Julie's friend Stephanie ran quickly to hold Julie's hair and shot me a dirty look while doing so.

"That's the second time today Julie," she murmured, "Either you tell him or I will!"

Julie looked alarmed as she wiped the sides of her mouth with the back of her hand.

"No, please don't!" She rasped out.

I looked at the both of them confused and the area around us grew quiet. "Tell me what? Jules, what's going on?"

Stephanie gave a pointed look at Julie, but all she did was look away. Someone handed her a sanitary napkin and breath mints and she busied herself with cleaning off to avoid Stephanie. Steph growled under her breath and then proceeded by shoving me. Hard.

"What the heck was that for!" I asked, steaming. I hadn't done anything to her.

As a response, she punched me, this time in my shoulder. "You got her pregnant you asshole. Some Christian you are. I guess you don't always follow what your daddy preaches." Her statement was followed by dead silence and a loud wrenching sob from Julie. It took me a while to gather my wits and process what I've just heard.

"She's pregnant?" My voice was barely audible. This couldn't be happening. No, no this wasn't happening. Especially not in front of all our peers.

"Yupp." Stephanie replied, popping the "P" obnoxiously. I never knew how much I disliked her until that very moment. She was so annoying and had too much attitude for no apparent reason. It was infuriating.

I looked at Julie, bewildered. She was still sobbing. "But that can't be so." I whispered, staring at Julie's stomach and the mess before her which must be her morning sickness. This had to be a nightmare. I mean, c'mon! This was Julie. She couldn't have done something like that to me. We were in love. Right?

But the situation became clear when Stephanie snarled at me.

"It's true, she took the test Thursday. You're going to be a father. Congrats. Maybe you can name the little bugger Nathaniel Reese Jr." Leave it to Stephanie to be sarcastic in a moment like this. So childish.

I stood up then, sick and tired of Stephanie running her mouth. Seeming to sense my anger, Julie wailed louder making an even bigger scene than what Stephanie had already caused. I should've walked away then, but I wasn't about to let Stephanie accuse me of Julie's transgressions. I was innocent.

"No, I'm not the father. That's impossible. I never had sex with Julie-or with anyone for that matter. I'm a virgin!"

Stephanie's face dropped and I couldn't even enjoy her expression because Julie jumped up and tried to grab a hold of me.

"I'm so sorry Nathan! I never meant for this to happen. It meant nothing! He means nothing, I swear! I don't love him, I love you, please forgive me! I'm so sorry, I wanted to tell you but I didn't want to lose you..." She kept rambling off her apologies and I drowned her out. My heart was heavy with sorrow and I felt as if I was going to break down.

I'm not a violent person, not at all. But when she confessed, it took every ounce of resistance to not slug her in the throat. She begged for my forgiveness, and told me to look deep into my heart and try to see past her mistake. But the best I could do for her was to walk away and forget her existence. Every good memory I had of her became tainted and distorted. It was like I didn't even know her anymore. She wasn't my Julie anymore. She wasn't perfect. Everything was all wrong.

I passed through the surrounding crowd and tried to make it to my car without any further embarrassment. In the parking lot though, I had bumped into someone. Liam Anderson. He had tears in his eyes and he looked really disheveled.

"Sorry." He mumbled, as he continued on by in a rush. For a moment I forgot all about my predicament and I wondered about him. Liam was quiet and reserved and was just one of those people that slipped through life unnoticed. But for some reason, I wanted to reach out to him. I wanted to comfort him. I shook off that ridiculous notion. I had enough problems of my own to deal with. I let Liam slip out of my mind just as quickly as he had entered.

Little did I know that that one little encounter, that at one little bump, would set my downfall into motion.