Fire and Ice

Authors note:

Hey guys! This is my very first story on the wattpad, and I’m very excited! Before I start I’d like to say two things. a.) I want to tell anyone who reads me to check out a story on here called ‘The Boy Who Ate my Soul.’ by SincerelyTuesday; it’s AMAZING!!!! And b.) Even though it’s my first story I would love you all forever if you would comment and tell me what I could do better, and message me with suggestions?

Anywhoooooo love you all,                                            

===============> Aden :)

XXXxxxXXXxxx SAGE

Aden’s POV:

“Mr. Costello?” I said while walking into his classroom. “I have that extra credit project for you!” and waited.

“Mr. Costello?” I said a bit louder. I waited. Crazy science teacher I thought and mentally rolled my eyes.

“Mr. C!” I yelled as loud as I could.

       I’m usually not so rude but he knew full well that I’m coming today. He also knows how important it is to me to stay at my A+ average. He thinks it’s because I don’t want to disappoint my parents, though. Little does he know that my parents wouldn’t care whether I dropped out of school and ran away, or stayed and aced my classes. I keep up my grades for me. So I can get a scholarship to a nice college, where I can live and escape my father’s ‘mood swings’. These consist of getting drunk and thinking that I’ve hidden the TV remote and trying to beat where it is out of me. This is also a regular occurrence.

“Yes? Oh come in, Aden.” He finally replied. “I apologize. I was… entertaining my ‘guests’” he said with a strange sort of irony.

       As I walked into the science lab I saw who, or what, his guests were. There were two huge, scary looking men in there with him. They both resembled gorillas with their giant barrels of a chest and huge arms. However, that was where the resemblance ended. Both of them had short spiky hair, were cleanly shaven, and had nice black suits on that looked like they both cost more than my whole school and house combined. With them was a younger man who looked out of place with the other two. He was wearing a black leather jacket rather than a black suit, and his hair was just a bit longer and brown. His eyes were brown as well, but they were cold as ice, and he radiated power and danger. He also was, hands down, the most gorgeous person I had ever seen in my life, and he looked quite bored.

“Aden, I would like you to meet Mr. Bradley, Mr. Mathers, and the young one there is Jordan. They are some old… Acquaintances of mine.” Said Mr. C, bringing me out of my musings.

“… Hello.” I said hesitantly. They all nodded back. At the same time. If they weren't so scary, it would've been funny.

“You see, though you probably would not pick them out as such, they are scientists.” He was completely right. I would’ve thought that they were bouncers or drug lords or something. Or maybe assasins...

“They’re conducting an experiment!” he said with excitement only a science teacher can give at the prospect of learning.

“This experiment calls for a few ‘willing’ testers.” Said Mr. C said in a voice that conveyed meaning

 “They need young, female subjects that won’t be missed.”

       I said nothing, still not quite sure where he was going with this, and narrowed my eyes in confusion at him. How did he know that nobody cared, not even my parents? I must have told him somewhere along the line…. I am super chatty, even to people I don’t really care for… I always knew that’d get me into trouble one day. Something inside me told me that day was today.

“They need people like you, Aden.”

“I don’t pretend to think that my parents care about me, but I still don’t think that they would sign a sheet telling you that you can experiment on me.”  I said. I mean, I at least HOPE they wouldn’t.

“Oh, no no no! You’ve got it all wrong, my dear. When they read what the experiment entails, I’m almost certain that they would say no. That is why they aren’t going to know where you are. You’re going to run away Aden, and you are going to help us.”

“I don’t want to be a test subject, Mr. C. I know my parents aren’t the best, but their better than being experimented on. Just use some lab rats or something.” I said indignantly. As if I would run away to an experimentation facility!

“Oh Aden. So naïve. I know you won’t willingly do this. I had no intention of trying to convince you. We are going to take you and leave a note for dear old Mum and Dad explain how you can’t bear to be a disappointment to them any longer and that your running away to find a way to make them proud. This way, they aren’t going to look for you although, I'm doubting they would even if come and try to find you if you disappeared with no note at all. Tell me Aden. What's it like to be alone in the world?” Fear knotted my stomach tightly as I realized what was happening, and my face twisted into a mask of horror as he said his next words. “And we can’t use lab rats, because they don’t have a high enough tolerance for pain.” He grinned sickly, and nodded to the men beside me that I had all but forgotten.

       Before I could respond or fully comprehend what was happening, Mr. Bradley who had not removed his eyes from Mr. C this whole time picked up a beaker and broke it over my head. The last thing I remember was seering pain in my head and seeing Jordan's icy gaze before being sent spiraling into black unconciousness.