Jay? Explain.

Your P.O.V.
Present day

After running like my feet were on fire, I finally came across the manhole that leads to the turtle's lair. I quickly climbed down and head their way. Mikey, you better be OK or I will...I will take away your pizza! Yeah, that's what I'll do. I might even take your skateboard too. I thought to myself as I walk into their T.V. room.

"Leo?"

"In the kitchen!" He calls back.

I rush in to find him and Splinter talking about finding someone.

"Where's Mikey? What's wrong with him?"

"That's the thing he isn't here!" Leo responds.

"What? What happened?"

"We don't know, when we came back from Shredder's technodrome he was gone. Well, not all of him anyways" Splinter replies.

"What do you mean?"

"We found his shell beside his bed" Leo answers.

"Wait, hold on, you're not making any sense"

"It makes total sense!" Leo stands, "the mutagen changed him. Now we don't know what he is or even where he could be!" He shouts. "For all we know he could be one rat out of hundreds in the sewers!!!"

Silences comes over us. I bite my lip and look at them. Leo takes a deep breath in and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry, I'll be in the dojo" he leaves the room.

I take a seat next to Splinter, "Do you think he'll be OK?"

Splinter smiles and nods, "he just needs to let off some steam."

"What about Mikey? How will we find him?"

He sighs, "(y/n) I don't know, but we will try. Raphael and Donatello are put looking for him as we speak. We stayed behind to wait and tell you" he responds.

I message my temples, "you said you were at the technodrome, what for?" I look at him.

"We went to get answers, to find a cure. Shredder says this mutagen works the same way it did when we all changed the first time. The only thing this mutagen does is make the one affected stronger, heighten their senses and with Shredder's training, mindless soldiers under his will."

I take time to soak in this information, "wait, Shredder just told you all of this? Just like that?"

He chuckles, "of course not. Not without a fight. That is why we were gone for so long. It took us a while but he finally broke."

"Though in that time, we didn't think Mikey would wake up or change. You saw how he was" Raph says as he walks in, along with Donnie.

"Did you find him?" The shake their heads, no.

I nod with a frown while thinking, "Splinter, you said the mutagen works the same as the first one?"

"Yes..."

"So he could have changed to-"

"Did you hear that?" Raph asks while walking back out the kitchen.

"Hear what?" I ask and look at Donnie.

"Someone triggered a trap..."

My eyes widen, "There are trap around here!?"

"Well, yeah, no offense but we don't need unwanted human walking in and out of here. That's why we showed you the safe route" he follows Raph.

Well, they could have said that earlier, I could've been in one of those traps.

"NO YOU'RE NOT!" Raph yells.

I look at Splinter with a questioning look. He sighs and stands, motioning me to follow as well. When we arrive, Raph, Donnie and Leo circle around someone who is hanging in the air by the leg.

"Guys, what's going on?" I ask.

"He's claiming he's Mikey" Raph spat.

"But I am!" I hear a familiar voice say.

"Wait..Jay is that you?"

"You aren't Mikey! Who are you?" Leo shouts back.

"Guys move! Let me see him" I try to peek over shells.

Donnie takes a step to the side, I gasp, it is Jay.

"Jay, what are you doing here?" I kneel in front of him.

"(Y/n)! I'm sorry, I lied! My name isn't Jay, its Mikey! I swear it's me!" He looks up at the turtles, "it me, Mikey your brother! Believe me" he puts on his puppy eyes.

"Then tell me something only Mikey and I would know" I say to him.

"Forget it, he won't know anything. I mean look where he is, Mikey knows the traps"

"Well, this is Mikey we're talking about. He would forget where they are sometimes" Donnie points out, "I think we should give him a chance."

Raph scowls but says nothing.

"Tell me," I look into his eyes.

He looks back into mine, "when we were chained up by Shredder, I was clicking my tongue, snapping my fingers and began to dance. To make you smile even though we were in a bad place. You just looked so sad and I wanted to make you feel better-"

I cut him off by kissing his cheek. I pull back to see him blushing, "Let him down you guys, he is Mikey."

They look skeptical but let's him loose anyways. Once he's down he fixes himself and looks at us with a big, bright smile.

"So explain, Mikey, what happened?"

He sighs, "can I have some pizza first?"

We all roll our eyes, "Yeah, it's Mikey alright" Leo says.

"My son, I'm happy you're back" Splinter hugs Mikey.

We laugh as Mikey smiles sheepishly.

"I'm not leaving Master, never did, never will" Mikey replies hugging him back.

We head back, feeling both happy and curious about having Mikey back, as a human.

A/n: ok no real excusable reason for not updating yesterday. But it was just a stressful day at school, I don't know how I did on that physics test...then I went out and had Chinese food. Came back home feeling tired and not wanting to do anything so I caught up on sleep. Sorry.

Anyways, this story is turning out longer than I had originally planned/expected it to be. So...yay? XD

Thanks for reading!