Eight.

Luke was late to school the next day. His head was pounding and he had no memory of what happened the rest of the night, he just remembers walking into his house with Calum and Ashton. To be honest, he felt worse. 

He made his way to P.E. then questioned himself why he even turned up at school in the first place. His dad doesn't care what he does anyways. When he walked into the gym, he sat down on his usual bench. He didn't even try to care about the stares he was being given, he knew he looked like shit. 

It took him a few minutes, but he soon realized the smaller boy wasn't there. He felt worry enter him after remembering Calum telling him he wasn't in his classes either. It wasn't like Michael to not show up in class, he really enjoyed school and he was really good at it too. Luke was definitely the complete opposite of Michael. 

Luke sighed, got up and left the gym. He made his way into the closest bathroom and walked to the sink. His hands were shaking, this wasn't like him. He splashed some water on his face then lifted his head to look at himself. He was a mess.

He stared at himself after turning off the water. Once he could finally think straight again, he heard a quiet noise. He turned around and tried to listen for it again. It was a small cry. He bent down a bit to see if he could see shoes, then he saw some familiar sky blue converse. 

"Kitten?" He asked softly. 

The crying stopped, as if he was trying to hide. Luke sighed and walked towards the stall and knocked. 

"Kitten? Is that you?" Luke asked softly.

"N-no," A tiny voice squeaked out.

Luke frowned and sat down in front of the stall.

"Kitten, I'm so so so sorry," Luke sighed, putting his face in his hands.

"Y-you said i-it w-was a bet, y-you're not s-sorry," Michael whimpered out.

Luke sighed again, "I lied, Kitten. It wasn't a bet. I just... I'm scared, Kitten."

There was silence for a bit, until there was a sound of the stall door being unlocked and opened. Michael stepped out and sat down in front of Luke. 

"S-scared?" Michael asked.

Luke nodded. "I'm not like this, Kitten. I'm not the type of person to fall for someone, but you've changed that part of me."

Michael looked down at his feet and made his hands into sweater paws. "F-fall?"

Luke smiled softly. "Yes, fall. I'm falling for you, Kitten. And I don't fall for people. I date for fun, I date just to get laid. But with you, I want something different, I want to hold your hand and kiss your face and lay in bed with you, just lay there. You make me feel like a whole different person."

A blush appeared on Michael's cheek and he straightened out one of his sweater sleeves and took one of Luke's hands in his. 

"Now Kitten, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, and that's what scares me," Luke sighs.

"W-why would i-it be a b-bad thing?" Michael asks, quietly.

"I hurt the people around me, Kitten, and I do not want to hurt you," Luke explained.

"Luke... I-it would b-be a p-privilege t-to have my h-heart broken by y-you," Michael whispered.

Luke chuckled softly and looked at Michael, "you're just quoting The Fault in the Stars, Kitten."

Michael giggled and Luke thought that was the cutest noise he'd ever heard. He smiled and sighed softly.

"I-I wasn't k-kidding though..." Michael whispered and looked up and Luke.

Luke sighed and nodded, "how about we go get some ice cream to make up for me lying to you?"

a/n: Was that good? I hope so, heh. Well I'm done updating for now, BUT SO MANY IDEAS YAS so maybe ill update when I get home from babysitting. THANKS FOR 40 VOTES.