Chapter 8

The Boys Next Door

Chapter 8 - How do I get myself into these situations?

*Enjoy

*Vote

*Comment

Stephenie's POV

I woke up to birds chirping outside my wide open window. I glanced around and saw that I was in my bed, snuggled under the covers whilst the sun rose shining orangey coloured rays through the window.

It was six o'clock, way too early to start getting ready for school, but then again, if I started now, I could get out of the house before father even woke up.

Then last night came back to me.

I looked around my floor for Cole but he wasn't there. I had obviously fallen asleep on the roof and he had tucked me into bed. That was the second time now, I thought. In the space of two days!

He was so sweet last night though. Actually coming round to check if I was okay. Climbing on the roof with danger of death. Creeping downstairs to make hot chocolate with risk of death from my father.

It's such a shame that he had to go out with Madison, otherwise things might have been different between us. I mean, romantically different.

But things weren't different. I had to honour the girl code and ignore what I felt for the guy. Which majorly sucked.

I got out of bed and started to get ready for school. Amazingly my ankle didn't hurt at all now. But my cheek did. I looked into the mirror and saw a red tinge on one side of my face from where father had slapped me. That was going to take some serious make up to cover up.

I curled my hair into soft waves and put on some concealer and foundation to cover the bruise. I also dabbed on some eyeliner and mascara. I didn't usually wear eyeliner, or mascara, but as I was now a (somewhat) celebrity in the school, thanks to Jeremy, I felt that I needed to look a bit nicer than usual if I was to be scrutinised.

I picked out skinny jeans, my favorite Abercrombie and Fitch floral top with my cropped denim jacket. Then I pulled out my brown frayed ankle boots. They had a bit of a heel, but it wasn't  a  stiletto, more like a chunky platform type. Even with the heel they were comfy as. I could probably walk longer in them than in my converses.

Okay maybe that's a lie. But they were still really comfy.

Then I made my way downstairs. I peered in the fridge and got out some orange juice and downed the carton. I know it wasn't very ladylike but I didn't care right now. I felt badass! And also I wanted to get out of the house as soon as possible.

I grabbed my crutches so I could dump them in Jeremy's truck to take them back to the doctors then lugged them down the driveway and up the Ryan's driveway. I guess I could've just hopped over the fence separating the two house's, but knowing me and my clumsiness, I didn't really feel like messing up ankle again!

I knocked on the door and lent against the porch support. I could see Ashton's face pressed up against the glass of the door.

"Mum! There's a supermodel at the door!" he yelled from inside the house.

I sniggered. Supermodel. Really?

There was a lot of commotion going on behind the door when it suddenly opened revealing all the boys.

I raised my eyebrow. "Seriously, you guys are so shallow. Blake, I would've thought better of you."

All their mouths gaped at me.