♥ Chapter 4 ♥

• Kaci •

"Kaci!"

I'm standing at my locker, about to slam it shut when I feel someone tap my shoulder.

I whip around, crashing into Nate's chest. "Nate!" I exclaim. "Um, hi."

He cocks his head to the side, smiling. "Hey. I just came by to ask if you're coming to my party tonight."

I chew on my lip, remembing when Justin had told me about some party. I never once thought it was Nate's party. In fact, I didn't even know Nate then.

"Am I invited?" I ask him teasingly.

"Of course." He grins. "Everyone is."

"Then I'll be there." I smile. "See ya around, Nate." I cradle my chemistry book in my arms and brush past him, my eyes locked on Gabby's who talking excitedly with some girl down the hall.

"See ya, Kaci." I hear Nate call. "Do you need a ride?"

"No thanks!" I chirp. "I've got one."

"Cool then. See ya!" He says again.

I throw him a wave over my shoulder and keep walking, approaching Gabby.

"Are you going to Nate's party?" I ask her once the girl she was talking too (a girl with short black hair and too many piercings) left.

She turns to me, tucking a piece of brown hair behind her ear. "Who isn't?"

I chuckle. "Think I can hitch a ride?"

"Anytime." She smiles. "Does your brother need a ride too?" She winks.

I frown. "Please, Gabby. Anyone but my brother."

She pouts. "He's just so hot."

I make a barfing face. "He is so not! Gabby, just don't talk about it."

She bites her lip. "Sorry, Kace."

I laugh softly. "I have to get to chemistry. See you later."

"Bye, Kace." Gabby flashes me a three-wave and skips up, saying Hi to about twenty people on her way.

That's one thing I've noticed about this school. If you're good-looking everyone says Hi to you whether you know them or not.

"Hey, Kaci." I hear someone say as I walk down the hall.

"Kaci, hi!" Someone else exclaims.

All I do is wave in the direction of the voice, not bothering to look at the people who greet me.

• • •

"Heard you're going to Nate's." Justin's voice whispers in my ear as he stops at my desk in English. "Is there any chance I'll see you?"

I smirk, twirling my pencil between my fingers. "It's none of your business."

Justin gives me a cocky smile. "I'll be looking for you, Amador."

I flutter my lashes. "I'd keep my distance if I were you, Bieber."

"Too bad I'm attracted to you." He winks and walks past me, slipping into his own desk.

I roll my eyes and face the front of the class, leaning back in my chair.

I had a feeling Justin was never going to give up.

• • •

I scan through my closet, pulling out an extra-short jean skirt and a white, short-sleeved shirt (with a sequinned, silver heart on the front) that revealed my entire back.