♥ Chapter 1 ♥

• Kaci •

"Kaci, why the hell is there a thong in my suitcase?!" My brother Jake bursts into my room, flicking a black thong onto my new bed.

I yawn and sit up, groggily frowning at my brother. His dark hair's messed up and his tooth brush is dangling out of the corner of his mouth. All he's wearing is a pair of plaid boxers and not much else.

"Get out of my room." I groan, shooing him away.

Jake scoffs, taking the toothbrush out of his mouth and pointing it at me. "You're going to be late, by the way. School starts at 8:30 a.m."

I gape and look over at the clock on my nightstand. It reads 8:15. "Shit!" I scramble out of bed and over to my closet, absentmindly scanning my endless line of clothes.

I hear my brother chuckle as he finally exits my room, the door slamming shut behind him.

I pull out a black, cropped shirt with "Love" written across it in glittery letters which revealed my bellybutton. I stripped out of my pjs and slipped it on, doing the same with a pair of extra-short Jean shorts. I pulled on my favorite pair of black converse and headed over to my bathroom.

I combed through my blonde hair, letting it fall in waves beneath my shoulders. My clear, blue-gray eyes stared back at me as I pouted my lips and added two coats of clear, strawberry-flavored lipgloss. I decided to ditch the makeup, considering makeup didn't really make me look much different.

I dashed out of the bathroom, grabbed my bookbag (which was empty except for my diary and a plain notebook), and sprinted out of my room and down to the kitchen.

"Morning, Sweetheart." My mother greeted me as I run past her, prying open the fridge and snatching the milk jug, chugging half of it down.

"Sis, you really gotta stop drinking that plain." Jake smirks as he appears at the bottom of the staircase. "It's gonna end up giving you gas."

I roll my eyes and place the jug back in the fridge. "Shut up, Jake. I don't have time for your nonsense jokes."

Jakes sneers. "There's always time for my jokes, Pumpkin."

"Don't call me that." I snap, waving at Mom as I make a mad dash to the front door.

"Goodluck on your first day, Sweetie!" I hear her call after me.

"Kaci, hold up!" Jake shouts. I look back to see him stuffing a piece of bread in his mouth. He scowls and runs after me, bread crumbs falling down his chin.

I chuckle and pry open the door, stepping out into the warm March air. Jake manages to catch up with me, throwing me a glare as be saunters up to his red convertible and jumps into the driver's seat.

"Don't you think it's time for you to get your own car?" He mumbles as I slide into the passenger seat.

"Not at all." I chirp, leaning back in the seat and admiring the surroundings out the window.

"Well, all I ask is for you to not date my friends again. It's weird, gross, and highly overrated." He points out.

I snicker. "It's not my fault your friends were all over me. Besides, you have no friends yet."

"I'm only begging you ahead of time."

"I'm making no promises." I tell him.

He heaves a sigh. "This is what I get for having a hot sister."

I gasp and reach over, slapping Jake's arm. "Do not call me hot! You're my brother! It's gross."

Jake chuckles. "Sorry, but let's face it, Kace. It's the truth."