Chapter 5

The season had finally begun and the guys were looking really good. The first game is today against the Stars in Dallas. I was suppose to travel with the team but I'm really focused on my training for the Olympics.

I trained like crazy today and played some one on one with Amanda. She said she was going to come over right before the game started so I decided to go to the mall and buy a few things for Rio.

I loved traveling with the guys, I wanted to spend all the time I had with James, but I needed to focus on my career and do what's best for me and James totally understood. Just like I want what's best for his career.

I ended up getting a bunch of sports bras, leggings, tank tops and anything else I might have needed.

An hour before game time, I texted all the guys wishing them good luck. I really wanted them to start the year off in a good way.

Amanda got here just before puck drop. "I'm so nervous for them." I said.

"Season opener is always like that." Amanda reassured me.

We both got a few snacks prepared for the game, something we do all the time when we watch the games.

"How many goals tonight?" Amanda asked

"For James?"

"Yeah."

"I want a hattrick, but it's probably going to be like 2 assists." I said and Amanda started laughing.

---

The boys lost 3-0 and I was super annoyed about it. The third period, they just kept drawing penalties.

"What I start." I said as I got up and brought all the dishes to the kitchen.

"It happens."

"I've never seen it that bad."

I cleaned around the house until James got back. Amanda went home to sleep.

"Hi baby." He said walking through the front doors.

"Hi." I said, still kind of disappointed in the game.

It was quiet the whole time. I finished cleaning and joined James on the recliner.

"What happened tonight?"

"I don't know, it definitely didn't look like how we play out there."

"That's exactly what I saw on TV."

He let out a big sigh and put his hands on my waist, indicating me to get up. James walked upstairs, showered and went off to bed. I hated seeing James like this and he was only this way after a loss. And tonight's loss was pretty tough on him.

I joined him in bed, putting my arm around him as his back was facing me. "James, it happens. Don't be so hard on yourself."

He turned around to face me. We stared at each other for a few seconds and I put my hand in his hair.

"I just wish we did so many things different." He finally said.

"I'm sure you guys will work on them in practice tomorrow."

He signed again. "Hey, stop. Just let it go, start fresh on Saturday's game." I said, trying to make him be in a better mood.

We kissed and just fell asleep with our backs towards each other.

Their practice tomorrow is going to be interesting.

Waking up the next morning was weird. I got this bad vibe and it made me feel awkward.