chapter 1

Hey i have changed the layout now so dont get confused 'kay.

********************************************************************************************************

The sun was boiling on my back as I trudged through the town. “Damn uniform,” I growled as two girls glanced over and giggled flirtatiously. Stupid girls... they’re all the same giggle, text, flirt and shag that’s all they’re good at. As I made my way back to school I glanced over at the state school. “Damn lucky bastards,” I mumbled, “not wearing uniform... God I hate their guts!” At that moment I glanced up and saw twins staring at him, one boy, one girl, yet completely identical. Both of them had short brown hair, the sort that didn’t need maintenance and piercing blue eyes and from where I was stood I think there was some purple mixed in somewhere.

Knowing I would be late for my lesson I reluctantly turned away, but not before a paper aeroplane had soared across the breezeless expanse of road between us and landed in front of my feet. Damn they were good throwers. Kneeling down I placed the aeroplane in my pocket and smiling, walked away.

As I walked into my lesson there were a few mumbles of hi and how are you but the biggest greeting came from Jake my lifelong friend who busted his butt to study for exams to gain a scholarship to this school “so you don’t get lonely,” he had said but I knew he just wanted to look out for me, such a sweet guy. Black hair green eyes and teeth white enough to make snow look grey were his main attributes, but with a sweet personality like his, the only reason he hasn’t got a girlfriend is because of me and how much he wants to protect me. He has a strong frame with a good- scratch that, great body, with chiselled muscles and swimmers legs.           

I sat at my desk and pulled out the aeroplane, unfolded it and read, “meet me at the forecourt in town at five, okay?” I knew going was going to cause an uproar and that I would be all over the front page of the news, but for some odd reason I wanted to go.

I should probably tell you, I’m the third prince of this kingdom so obviously the press keep a close eye on meat all times which can be slightly problematic when trying to keep a low profile.

At five, I was stood by the fountain at the forecourt waiting for one of the twins... which one I didn’t know but hey they were both pretty interesting looking. I decided to dress down wearing a black nightmare before Christmas hoodie, and baggy jeans. With my blond hair flipped to the side I probably looked like some kind of freakish emo, but ah well...

“-llo,”

“Hello!”

I was snapped back to my senses by the male twin who was looking quite worried at the fact I wasn’t responding to his greeting but oh well I’m back to reality now any way. He is honestly beautiful, with light brown hair that shined in the lamp light and big blue eyes with streaks of purple in the pools. He was wearing a lightly checked button down top with baggy jeans that suited him nicely and hung off his skinny frame just right.

“Hi, sorry I was just lost in thought,” I said with a smile, trying to make his nervous frown disappear.

It worked. He grinned and said to me quietly, “don’t tell any one but I think you look good with a far away look...”

I was taken aback by this comment and stared at him

“wh- what did you just say?”

“Oh nothing just call it a joke, do you want to know the reason I asked to meet you here tonight,” he asked leaning in as if he was conspiring, intrigued I leant in too.

“My sister has her boy friend round and or walls are pretty thin... so you get the picture right? Which was why I thought we could go to your house for a while... that’s okay right?”

Well... I- I- I’m not supposed to bring people round...”

He pouted.

“But sure why not! One second I need to make a phone call...”

As I turned away from his grinning face I felt my heart thump, and a feeling arose in my chest, Cade saw me stop and said,

“What’s wrong Dimi?” I was taken aback by him using a nickname. Now usually I hated people calling me things without permission but I felt my heart insist on stirring in my chest so all I could do was smile at him softly and say,

“Nothing, my foot just twinged a bit, that’s all...”

I turned and phoned John, the driver, to come and pick us up.

Sat in the car I looked out of the window watching the scenery roll past until I was jolted back into reality by Cade jumping around everywhere clearly exited at the prospect of a car journey... strange kid.

“Oh my God! This is so cool wow you have a chauffeur and a car and everything!” He gabbled, eyes shining brightly as he spun from left to right.

Completely exhausted from all of this, I grabbed his waist and pulled him towards me making him sit on my lap like an unruly child.

“Listen Cade... You need to calm down; my dad doesn’t exactly like being disturbed so tone down... Okay?” I said patiently looking into his bright blue eyes.

He seemed mesmerised by my brown eyes but when he noticed this he turned away quickly, but not quick enough to stop me from seeing the blush that had formed on his cheeks...

He near fainted when he saw where I lived.

He recalled my warning to calm down so simply turned round and asked,

“Who the hell are you status wise?”

“The third prince.” I stated not wanting to lie to him.

As we got out he seemed to get uncontrollably shy, pulling up his hood, and clinging to my hand he followed me up the front steps gazing round at the intricately carved statues of lions and former kings. As we walked through the door a maid hurried forwards and took my jacket. After offering to take Cade’s but him declining I led him up to my room, after giving the order for my personal maid to bring up refreshments of course.

He gasped when he saw my room. Well I suppose it was a shock to the system after all the intricate porcelain and floral patterns from the hall. Three black walls with one feature wall that depicted fiery swirls of different shades of red gravitating around the centre of the wall which held a finely cut ruby in a  glass case. The bed was a double king sized bed custom made for me with a spherical curvature to it. The bed sheets were silk with velvet swirls all in black with a wide screen T.V. set into one black wall along with a DVD player and video player. There was a large rack of DVD’s and a separate one for my videos and in the corner was a large stereo with yet another rack for my CD’s. In the middle of the pillows, looking extremely out of place was a small white dog that had perked up her head as we entered the room.

“Awwwh!! She is sooo cute!” he exclaimed when she bounded over to us tail wagging manically. Yeah she is really cute and I was the one to save her, but I was not going to tell him I was a big softie when it comes to cute things. And he was one of them. One of the cutest things I had laid eyes on which was weird because, even if I was bi, I am more inclined to date girls, so why him? He has a sister who looks identical to him, and yet, I felt myself drawn to him so strongly it was almost unbelievable. Almost.

“Hey what’s up you have that far away look again... do you feel ill?”  He queried with that same worried expression he had on his face earlier.

“No it’s okay i'm fine. Don’t worry about it,” in truth I wanted to yell that he was the cutest thing in the entire world and that if I had my way I would tie my soul to his for life.

God... I sound like some kind of stalker. Well to be honest I probably was with the kind of thoughts gambolling around my head while I looked at him cuddling Titch, the dog that had greeted us when we walked in.

*knock knock*

“Come in,” I called towards the direction of my door. My maid came in bearing a tray of Dr. Pepper and two slices of chocolate cake.

Cade’s eyes widened as he saw the tray of food. He obviously wasn’t used to such luxury.

As we tucked in to the delicious food I knew this relationship was either going to soar if I confessed,

Or crash and make me lose the one I held dearest...