Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Not A Date

Rigby's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of pots and pans and the smell of eggs.

I was sprawled out on the couch with a soft blanket on me. I sat up and looked at my leg. It looked fine. I lifted it and moved my foot. I winced. It still hurt.

Mordo appeared suddely from the kitchen with two plates in his hands. "How ya feeling bro?" He asked as he handing me one of the plates.

"I'm fine. My leg still hurts a little though." I answered.

He looked worried.

Just then Thomas came into the room and went toward me. "Good your awake. Hows the leg?"

"I think its-" Mordo began but I cut him off.

"It's fine." I said glaring at Mordo.

"No it's not." He said worry plastered on his face. He turned toward Thomas. "His leg still hurts. He needs to take it easy."

Thomas looked at me. "May I?" He said gesturing toward my leg.

I nodded and he lifted my foot and I winced. He saw me wince and put my foot down. "I'll be back." He said and left the room.

After a couple minutes he came back into the room with clothe wrapping, pain killers, glass of water and some tape.

He gently lifted my foot and slowly wrapped it in the clothe. Then he put the tape on it to hold it down. Afterwards he handing me the painkillers and I downed them with water.

"Your gonna be fine just as long as you take it easy today. So I'm gonna have to help you out okay?" He said.

I paused. Thomas was gonna help me all day? "O-oh okay. S-sure." I said stuttering a little bit.

He helped me stand up. "You know what Rigby I think we should just hang out in the city today. You cool with that?"

I thought about it. I guess that could be fun. "Yeah I'm cool with that."

He smiled brightly. "Great then let's go."

*skip awkward car ride*

"Well we're here what do you wanna go do?" He asked me looking straight into my eyes.

"Well I need to go buy some new clothes. Mine are really old." I answered a little embarrassed.

"Okay but you know that you don't usually wear clothes anyway right?" He said with a glint of humor.

"You have a point there. So um.......let's just go eat lunch and then figure out what we want to do later?" I offered.

"Sure I was actually just thinking about that. Lets go then." He said and then we slowly walked toward a restaurant with a little help from Thomas.

When we got in and sat down a waitress walked up to us. "Oh hey guys it's been a while."

I looked up to see Margaret standing there with a pen and paper.

"Yeah it's been a long while since we last saw you. How are you doing?" Thomas said to Margaret.

She looked at him. "Oh I'm doing great. But um....are you two *cough* on a...d-date?" She asked us very awkwardly.

Me and Thomas looked at each other. And then looked back at Margaret.

I answered for us. "Uh...no w-we aren't on a d-d-date." I said stuttering.

She looked extremely embarrassed. "O-oh okay. What will you be having then?"