Tick, Tock, Clock on the Wall

They arrived at an old shack. The shack (or house, according to Dorothy) was not really big. It had hays for the roofs, and at the top there was a statue of a lion’s head. ‘I believe we’re not in Kansas anymore, right?’ Chris said.

Dorothy laughed. ‘That was very funny, but yes. We’re not in Kansas anymore. I’ve been living here alone, without someone to speak, human, especially, and I feel a little bit lonely. I miss Kansas,’ she said. She opened the shack’s door, and they went inside.

The shack wasn’t a shack after all. It was a good house. There was a big fireplace, and then a very comfortable sofa near the fireplace. The kitchen wasn’t that big but we can make a lot of food there. ‘Pretty big for a girl that live all by herself,’ Chris commented.

Dorothy laughed. ‘Yeah. I know. I wasn’t really alone when I first came here. I was with my boyfriend when the tornado brought us back. Well, brought me back. But then the demonic baboons took him, and then I’ve never heard of him ever since,’ she explained.

‘How long have you been living here?’ Chris asked. ‘I mean, aren’t you from the 1900s? But yet, now’s the 2000s, but you’re still young,’

‘A while, I guess. The wicked witch cast a spell so no the time won’t work for like thousands of years, and the clocks never tick, ever.’

But then they heard the clock ticking. ‘Until now, I believe,’ Chris said. Dorothy looked at the clock in awe. She looked at it like she was looking at a dinosaur that finally walked in this world.

‘Impossible! How can this happen?’

Chris laughed. ‘Do you want me to tell you in fairytale-ish thingy?’ he said. She looked confused, yet she’s amazed with the clock.

‘I don’t know what fairytale-ish is, but go on.’

‘It’s because of me. I came here so the curse is broken, something like that. Or, your clock was just got a new pack of battery. Ladies’ choice.’

‘I swear, I’ve been here for like, 100 years and the clock was never ticking, but now, it does! Amazing!’ Dorothy said.

‘Yeah. I’m magical, I know. Now tell me, Dorothy. What is this place? Is this Wonderland? Or Oz? Or what? Wonderoz? I’m confused. Based on the stories I read, you are supposed to be on Oz, but I entered this land like I’m going to visit Wonderland,’ Chris asked.

Dorothy looked at him, and smiled, like she kept something secret.

‘Your majesty, the dinner’s ready!’ said the March Hare downstairs. Glinda, the White Queen, took a look at herself in the mirror for the last time, and then got up and get ready for dinner. ‘I SAID THE DINNER’S READY!’ the March Hare shouted.

‘Coming, Marchy,’ the Queen said, and then she went downstairs as fast as she could. She went to the dining room, and the Dormouse, Dee, the Chinese, and March Hare had been waiting for her for a very long time.

‘I apologize because I made you wait, to celebrate another…. Unbirthday,’ she said. The March Hare jumped happily. The Queen smiled. ‘Here’s to another unbirthday for us. Happy Unbirthday!’ she said. They cheers happily. ‘And also for another day trapped in this castle,’ she said to herself.

They ate the dinner happily. ‘March Hare, this is amazing! How did you make this?’ Dee the Chinese asked. Everyone agreed, but the March Hare was just smiling.

‘It’s the chef’s secret, and trust me, you don’t want to know,’ March Hare said and then he laughed out really loud.

They were about to eat the dessert when the clock rang eight times. ‘Okay, everyone. It’s 8 o’ clock, that means we have to go to the bed,’ the Queen said. But then she realized something. ‘8 o’ clock?’ she mumbled.

‘Maybe there was a mistake with the clock, Your Highness,’ the Dormouse said. The Queen nodded. She took a look at the clock very carefully. The clock was ticking. Tick, tock, tick, tock.

‘It’s been a while since the last time I heard the clock’s ticking,’ the Queen said. Everyone looked at her curiously. ‘Oh my God, people! We’re going to be saved! The savior has arrived! CHEERS!’ she screamed.

Dee, Dormouse and March Hare looked at her happily, and they screamed happily together. ‘Here’s to the savior, where ever he/she/it is!’ the Queen said. They screamed happily louder, and louder, and louder. ‘I knew this day would come,’ Glinda whispered.