Chapter 4 - The shock

As I went to my room that night, I couldn't sleep.
The first reason being that I was excited. Very very excited.
And the second being because I couldn't stop thinking about Anton. Not like I had a thing for him but because of what he might do in the coming days.
Will he create trouble for me? Like he always did in my previous school or would he just ignore me. Somehow that Idea didn't seem as pleasing as it should be.
My roommate was still nowhere to be seen.
How was Charlotte? Was she asleep.
I don't know how long I stayed up. But time didn't seen to matter. My thoughts were disturbing. When finally I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××

I don't normally wake up fast. I don't. But when you hear loud music play in your ears you just can't help but open your eyes. And when I did I saw a girl gawking at me. She was a brunette with big large eyes which were blue in colour. She had small perfect lips which didn't quite go well with the large eyes of hers but overall she was pretty.
"Well you are awake!" She shouted.
Rubbing my eyes I slowly got up and looked at her in amazement. She was wearing a short pink dress that showed off her long slender legs.
She looked down at where I was looking. At the background I heard the song Talk Dirty by Jason derulo playing.
"Hey, are you a lesbian?" She asked, while I just stared at her. Even I was a lesbian, she wouldn't be my first choice as a partner. 
"Its just you were staring at me that a way," she said waving a hand in dismissal.
"I'm not a lesbian miss," I said standing up and grabbing my school clothes. "And what the heck are you doing this time in the morning at my room and yeah not to forget playing music so loud, it's six in the morning!" I shout at her looking at my watch in disbelief.
It was six in the morning!
Oh my beauty sleep.
I glare at her. But she just smiles at me like she was expecting it.
"What am I doing here? Well I'm your roommate, roommate and it's better to be early than late, isn't it?" She says fluttering eye lashes innocently.
"You're my roommate?" I ask.
Wow. Just wow.
"And I thought I had a long way before I ended up in hell" I mutter under my breath.
"Oh!" She shouted making me jump. She shakes her head and extends her hand "Where are my manners, I'm May Hathaway by the way"
I take her hand and shake it but don't forget to give her a funny look before doing so.
"I'm Phoebe Holt, nice to meet you," I say.
She smiles even wider.

××××××××××××××××××××××

Okay so I had a roommate who was pretty much lost, I mean she had a pretty face but that wasn't always enough was it?
This morning had been quite a surprise for me but I lived.
Anyway here I was with my roommate, May and we're heading off to our classes.
All of the first years were gathered in the room we were informed to be in. I looked around the faces if the people surrounding the room, but of course I knew none of them, and yet one face was there known to me.
Anton kruz, surrounded by beautiful girls all around and people drooling over him. Even May seemed intrigued.
I sighed. I was pretty miserable since I knew no one and the people around didn't seemed like they wanted to talk. That is until Charlotte came in picture. I had never felt so relieved. Not feeling like a total wallflower.
She came and hugged me.
Unlike me, she looked really happy and excited. I wonder if in the entire campus I was the only one suffering.
"How was it?" She asked me.
"What?"
"Yesterday"
"It was boring"
"Oh"
"Yeah"
"Well I have something to tell you, I met someone," she said her eyes getting real large, like they always used to when she was excited.
"Okaaaaay," I said.
"Actually," she was only beginning when she spotted Anton.
I was wrong when I said her eyes got real large cause they got even larger.
"Anton kruz!" She whispered and looked at me, her soft brown eyes looked like they would pop out anytime now.
"Yeah, don't worry I was the same way yesterday," I said trying to assure her.
"Yesterday! You told me nothing happened yesterday," she wailed.
"Nothing did," I said trying to calm her using my hand now.
I thought I was a goner now, but my saviour the teacher entered the room.
A tall women wearing a pencil skirt and a really tight shirt, which made her look like she might squeeze out of there anytime. She smiled at all of us and said with a voice that echoed throughout the room making everyone silent.
"Welcome first years, I am your piano teacher Miss Cecelia West, as you all know Winston is an extraordinary place where you get to improve yourself in academics and also as a plus point, in the grounds of music, but to survive here you must first know the rules and regulations," pulling the chair at her side she continued,
"Each week you will be given a partner to work with so that you can bring forth a song you have prepared and by doing so each of you will be given marks, but remember you will be given marks for not only your voice but also by the way you blend in with your partner," She said shotting us all with a stern look. I looked at Charlotte.
She was thinking the same thing I was.
Who the heck will be my partner?
I quickly scanned the room again.
Well Beggars can't be a choosers.
Miss Cecelia smiled half hearted smiled at all of us and again began to say,
"You will present your choice of song in front of the teachers on the weekend or sometimes the given day
It may vary. So all of you will have to work on your song after school, you will be given each week marks upon 10, any questions yet?"
No one raised their hand. Which was probably because Miss Cecelia was very scary even by the looks.
"Good, and oh yes you will only be promoted if you are to get above the average marks required, which is of course common sense but it is regarding both your academics and extra activities. Both stand equal. Miss one you'll lose in both" she said and for a moment I thought her eyes were sparkling.
Moreover like I was hallucinating because she reminded me so much of Dolores Umbridge.
Yes, not pleasant.
Miss Cecilia said her goodbyes and as soon as she left the whole class started buzzing with people talking about how excited they were only thinking about who their partners might turn out to be.
Well that was mostly me and Charlotte though.
A teacher entered the class and started with her lessons. I hardly knew what she was saying. Most probably what all the teachers were saying cause I was too busy on thinking about what might come next.

×××××××××××××××××

Then the lunch break arrived in a blink.
I'm sitting on the far end corner with my two friends and gulping down my lunch. These inconvenient curiosity has drained me dry.
Charlotte also matches my speed.
While May is well, not eating anything.
"Don't you think Anton is hot?"
That's May.
I and Charlotte both look at her with utter disbelief.
Wasn't she the least intrigued or intimidated by the arrivals of such sudden twist and excitement?
And isn't she hungry?
Like that's important.
If she isn't then she ain't human.
"Really he has the perfect bad boy aura which is so-"
"May"
I look at Charlotte with surprise at her sudden cold tone.
"Stop acting petty" She said.
May looked offended.
"What do you mean petty, isn't it-"
"Shut up"
Okay. What is happening?
How did the conversation turn out to this?
Both of them enter the staring contest and I just really don't know what to do.
"Guys, chill"
They don't even budge.
"What's it to you if I mention Anton or not?"
Charlotte narrows her eyes.
"Your one of them hoes then"
I choke on my food.
I cough many times and that gets both of thier attention.
Charlotte pats my back and May offers me water.
I drink it and feel better.
"Are you feeling better?" May asks.
I nod and stay quiet for a while.
The table remains quiet and all of a sudden
"How dare you call me hoe!"
May shouts.
"Well that's what you sound like!"
"Stop!"
And that's me.
Both of them look at me with incredible speed.
The table goes quiet again and the bell rings and I've never been happier of the bell ringing at the end of lunch time.
"Let's go" I say.
Both of them don't speak to each other on the way back.

××××××××××××××××××××××××

When finally classes were over and we were called I, Charlotte and May ran off to the room we were summoned.
It was filled with first years.
When an old lady with thick glasses, wearing a cloak entered the room.
"Students, you have already been told to about this right so I will quickly finish off with telling you whom you have chosen to be partners with, first is Sarah Parker and David Johnson," she said.

She called out a lot of names, I recognised none of them. I waited and waited eagerly when my name was called out.
"Phoebe Holt and Riley Brooks," she said.
I looked around stunned.
I see Charlotte matching my expression.
Riley Brooks?
Okay.
I saw a blonde guy looking at me and smiling. Okay he was hot, won't lie, but he was a cute and rookie kinda handsome, not like someone else I know.
He walked towards me a
the smile still plastered on his face.
"Hi, I'm Riley Brooks and you must be Phoebe Holt, nice to meet you" he said.
I smiled back at him and replied "Yeah, nice to meet you too, let's-"
But I stopped talking when I heard the names being called out which gave me a 1000 volt shock
"Anton kruz and May Hathaway"

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××