Chapter 4: Escape

Author's note: Here's a longer more in depth part for those who really like it, i feel nice so i wanted to do a nice part, the next one will probably be the last so this doesn't drag on forever :-)

Prior, the week before when _____ and Leslie had their small difference due to _____'s sudden recoil to Leslie's touch. As days passed and another day came along, _____ and Leslie were scheduled to be together at the same time again. _____ was not feeling her best today due to some information she overheard. This shown on her angelic face, which worried Leslie, but for his lack of speaking, his worry simply nudged her a bit looking into her face. Her eyes were dull this time compared to her normal bright shine she always has. He looked long and hard until she eventually looked away, unable to speak about her sad event.

Taking a step forward, Leslie reached out his hand and softly touched her hand which was simply laid upon the table that was scattered with crayons and drawings amongst other small things for them to tend with while their doctors did their daily paperwork. She looked over softly and just stared as small tears formed in her eyes. Unable to process what to do, Leslie just looks and her and motions, waving his hands, making very distressed whining noises. She quickly just grabbed his hand and lifted her finger to her lips and shh'd him quietly. Looking around then dashing with him in hand and pulled him along with her. From the sitting area away from their doctors, she scurried them away from the area and into a nearby custodian closet.

Breathing a breath of calm air she looked at Leslie who was frantic and scratching his head as he waddled in place and made desperate groaning. She slowly walked over to him and lightly held his hand, "Can you breathe for me? I know going outside your schedule and running away from Dr. Jimenez isn't a thing you normally do, but, I just needed to breathe for a moment." She took a deep breath in and smiled at him. "I'm okay, don't worry. I just- heard something that really didn't excite me is all-" Leslie stopped fidgeting and looked at her with a gentle baby like expression, tilting his head.

"My arms aren't healing up and I'm constantly losing blood, if i continue to harm and scratch, they might never heal and I could get an infection-- the hospital wants to kill me if that happens so no one will question anything. 'She killed herself' or 'the infection was too much on her body'. Basically they want to let me die instead of trying to help me- The medication and everything they've been feeding me is all bullshit and I know about it, now. I hate this." She hung her head and gripped onto Leslie's hand a bit tighter. "I want to leave this place so badly, but something is keeping me here and I don't know how to tell it 'no' anymore, so I keep fighting, and coming back, and repeating it- I don't understand it at all." Leslie, in shock as to what he just heard, stood there and looked at her, shaking a bit. Slowly, he hesitantly reached for her wrapped up forearms and unraveled them. She didn't stop him this time just stood there as tears streamed down her face. Eyes growing wide he looked at them and reacted in a panic. She had large scars up her forearms with fresh stitches holding the wounds together, she had her arms stitched up- many, many times, but continued to rip them out trying to end her life each time instead of letting them heal properly; This being the reason for her residence at the hospital. She really must have been keeping lots behind that bright smile of hers.

Leslie only looked up at her then down at her arms again and repeated. He didn't know what to do besides to whine and scratch his head, so that's what he did. He scratched his head until it rose with slight blood to the surface and looked so- afraid. "__-____, hurts- hurt hurt. n-no-- more hurt." Her eyes widened at his sudden progression in vocabulary and grammar, she felt a sudden warmth on her cheek. As she came to her senses again, she realized that it was in fact Leslie's hand resting on her cheek. For a small boy who seemed to have low iron, his skin was very warm, or at least his touch to her wet skin was. She looked into his eyes as he did the same when suddenly- the door burst open with Dr. Jimenez and _____'s doctor looking at them, simply astonished at this- odd yet adoring sight.