Girls Generation: Sunny

Sunny's Profile

Stage Name: Sunny (써니)

Birth Name: Lee Soon Kyu (이순규)

Group Position: Supporting Vocalist

Nickname: DJ Soon, Sunny Bunny, Aegyo Queen, Gag-dol, Strong Sunny, Chicken-Catcher Soonkyu

Motto: Everyday Sunny Day

Blood Type: B

Languages: Korean (Fluent) , English (Basic) , Chinese (Basic) , Japanese (Basic)

DOB: May 15, 1989

(Born in the United States, later moved to Kuwait. Eventually moved to South Korea as a result of the Gulf War. Because of wartime bombings, she is terrified of loud, kracking noises such as fireworks)

Height: 155cm

Weight: 43kg

Hobbies: Swimming, video Games, sports, Cuteness that Calls for a Punch

Interests: Music, fashion, reading magazines, dancing, singing & shopping. comedic acting

School: Baehwa All-Girls High School

Siblings: 2 older sisters, Lee Eun-kyu & Lee Jin-kyu

Casted: 2007 SM Casting System. Prior to her audition to SM Entertainment, Soonkyu trained in Wheesung‘s company; Unfortunately, the company went bankrupt. Soonkyu was recruited by a recommendation from SM-Towner Lee Ayumi.

In 1998, she joined as a trainee for Star World and trained there for 5 years. She was going to debut in a 2 member group.

Extra Information:

Favorite Number: 1, 2

Ideal Man: Jo In Sung

International Ideal Man: Takeshi Kaneshiro

Favorite SNSD song: Honey

Roommate: TaeYeon

Sunny Facts

1. Sunny was in Kuwait when she was just a baby, around the time of the Gulf War, that is why she is afraid of loud explosions.

2. Sunny does not go to college but she did finish high school. Sunny says that its more important now for her to chase the dream of being a good singer than to try to chase two rabbits at once. Its better to chase one rabbit then another. If she couldn't be able to give all her focus and energy on one thing then it wouldn't be doing her best. She does plan on studying when she feels that its the right time.

3. Her parents strongly opposed her trying to become a singer, because most of her family is in the music industry and they know how hard it was going to be for her.

4. Wheesung was Sunny's singing teacher.

5. Sunny was originally part of another company (rumor is that it was either YG or M. Boat) and was suppose to debut as a part of a duo. You can see in her audition tapes that there is another girl.

6. She enjoys playing games, including video games and sports. Along with Hyoyeon she is one of the best long distance runners among SNSD.

7. She shares the same birthday as her two older sisters and mother!

8. She doesn't drink soy milk, but loves fruits.

9. She does the cute high voice in the beginning of Super Junior's "Cooking Cooking" video.