Ch.12 Lovely Darkness

Vixen's P.O.V.

"...Cause its the end,

and I'm not afraid,

I'm not afraid to die."

                             -Lyrics to In The End by Black Veil Brides

I was on a mission and nothing could stop me. I jumped from tree limb to tree limb so fast they were nothing, but a blur. In the dark woods, the shadows seemed to reach for new victims to drag into the darkness. My sword was resting securely in the sheath on my back. I was running to my death, but I needed to know. I was out to find answers and who better to ask than the very creator that wanted me dead. I was going Lycan hunting.

My feet hit each piece of wood in fast repetition and with no noise. My eyes darted back and forth waiting to pick up the slightest movements. I was ready, so ready that my finger twitched at my side. This was it, let the hunt begin.

Suddenly, its scent hit me like no other. It smelled like rotting flesh and soil. It almost made me gag. From my location, I could make out its dark shape dipped over the bank of a giant lake. The beast appeared to be unknowing of my quit approach. I made my slow decent down to the forest floor. This was it. Time for my kick-butt ninja skills to kick in.

In the unforgiving shadows, I lay waiting. I needed to know why he wanted my blood. It may be my only chance, but I will fight to know the truth. The Lycan scooped up water into its massive paw and slowly brought it up to his muzzle. Its glowing red eyes shone in the darkness. The lovely darkness full of unforgiving nightmares. Trying to be as quiet as possible, I slid my sword out of it sheath. What I wasn't counting on was the shine that came off it when the moonlight hit it. The water reflected the light so that it hit the beast straight in the eye.

The monster whipped around, growling and drooling from its black lips. When he saw me he get in a defensive crouch.

"Hello Vixen. How nice to see you after you knocked me out. Come to slay me? You'd have to be lucky to actually succeed in that little venture,", he mocked. I had to fight to not throw-up right there from his smell, but I held it in. I would not show weakness.

"Oh, I know that you want this fight, but I'm not here for that. I want answers, be by force or by will. Why do you want my blood?", I asked. My sword rested firmly in my hand. I was ready to deliver a death blow at anytime, but that probably wouldn't stop him for long. I have tried to kill him twice already and see what that got me. Just one ticked off fur ball.

"Do you really want to know, Vixen? The question is what you would do to earn that knowledge. I'm afraid that you won't like the answer,", the Lycan sneered.

He lunged at me, but I was faster. I dodged and stabbed him in the side. The beast howled in pain and then whipped around to face me.

"I would do many things, such as killing you! Now tell me or another slash will be delivered to your sided!", I yelled.

The beast managed to give me an evil smile, "Oh, but the irony, Vixen. The only way to get the truth is by me, but in your heat you want to kill me. Really Vixen, how can you live with your self? Killing your father, than being the cause of your mother's death. You are nothing but a curse, no one wants you,"

At his words, my hand started to shake. He was shoving the truth in my face and making me eat it.

Don't listen Vixen. He just what's you to lose your courage., my wolf said.

You're right. I'm not in the mood to take his crap., I responded.

I raised my blade and rushed toward the Lycan. He laughed and jumped, but I wanted him to. I jumped up with him and slashed his muzzle. Blood exploded from the wound, lots of it covering my face. I had now officially declared war. The Lycan swiped me with shape claws and torn through the flesh on my arm.

Blood dripped off my finger tips, and landed on the forest floor. The pain was agony, but I didn't back down. When we landed, I cut off the tip of his ear. His howls of pain were almost deafening to my sensitive ears.

"TELL ME!", I screamed at him.

"You really want to know? Fine here is the truth, I controlled your father that day! I was the puppet master and he was the puppet. I drove your father to madness. You killed your father, but he wasn't able to control his body. He was innocent, but you have his blood on your soul. As for the blood, I want to see the werewolf race destroyed. I will raise my master, for he shall kill them all! But don't fret, there are more of us, so if I die, he will still kill your kind. The Lycan race shall rule them all!", the monster sneered.

Flashes of my father's eyes, those glowing red eyes. I killed my father. I KILLED MY FATHER! A victim of this beast. Inside I was crumbling, I couldn't get rid of the guilt. I gripped my sword in a death grip. It would avenge my father, that monster's blood would stain the ground.

Screaming, I ran at the creator. All I could see was red. My hidden power came to the surface, so powerful it literally swirled around me in the colors of the rainbow. My power aluminate the sky with the colors, from miles the forest was aglow. This creator would die, by my hand and no one else's. My scream shook the trees , blasting the Lycan back twenty feet. He hit hard, grunting from the impact. When I made my first cut, the Lycan screamed and didn't have the chance to stop.

I lifted my sword and cut the Lycan to pieces. So many pieces he looked like hamburger meat afterward. My clothes were dripping with blood and I was so tired, mentally and physically. I had done it, but at what price? The werewolf race was in danger and my blood was the only thing that could make their plan succeed. My whole body started to shake and I fell face first into the damp soil. I couldn't believe it. I killed my father. Tears swam in my eyes, I couldn't wash away his blood from my soul. I couldn't wash away the truth. The Lycan was right, I really didn't want to know.

Around me, the word started to spin and fall into darkness.

Oh, how lovely the darkness.

If only it would erase the things of the past.

Slowly, I slipped into the world of nothing......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI, SoapBubble here. Vote and Comment! Oh, and I was wondering if any one could create some banners for the story. As the chapters go on, I will see if I could put yours up! :D