Ch. 10 Don't Hold Back

Aiden's P.O.V

When I opened the door, a huge sword was pointed straight at me neck. In front of me stood Vixen with tears junning down her cheecks. How I wanted to rush to her and embrace her. Those tinny drops could be my down fall. Just three hours ago, I first saw her for the first time, but I was so in love with her. I lived to see her smile and laugh by my side. I wonder what her laugh sounds like? That will be the next thing I work on knowing.

"I come in peace! Don't hurt the Alpha,", I say putting my hands up.

Slowly, she puts the weapon in its sheath. This is the first time I knew she had a weapon. It looked to be well cared for. Its hilt was silver and had something engraved in it that I couldn't make out. The blade was slinder, yet was a perfect killing machine. Never would I want to go agianst one of those.

"Vixen..........I want to ask you some questions,", I asked.

She only responded by shaking her head. I rushed up to her and embrased her. Vixen struggled to get out of my hold, but I refused to let go. Why doesn't she like me? My bond to her has only grown stonger towards her, but she refusses to give in to the confort I can give her. Doesn't she understand that I would never hurt her.

"Its okay Vixen. I would never hurt you. Its okay, love,", I wispered softly in my ear. Her breaths come in chocked gasps as she trys to controle the tears. She stiffens in my hold and refuses to hug me back. Reluctantly, I release her.

Taking a deep breath, I questioned, "Who are you really Vixen? How can you heal so fast? How does your eyes change color when you are in wolf form? Why is a ..........Lycan after you? Why are you in this territory? Why-"

She silenced my banter in a raised hand. Vixen closed her eyes and whispered, "I don't really know why this had to happen to me. My story begins in a lone cabin in the woods...."

Flashback to the day Vixen was born

The Midwife held the new born child in her arms. Her messy hair had strayed out of its bun after many hours of stress.

"Congratulations, its a girl.", she announced. Quickly, she handed the little bundle to the mother. Looking down at the child, the mother smiled. Love and pride shown clearly in her eyes. The baby girl sighed in content and the mother giggled.

"I name you Vixen. For I can one day see boys falling at your feet, my beautiful angel.", the mother said with a smile. The baby's head was covered in bright red peach fuzz. What a beauty she would be.

The baby's father burst through the door, a smile on his face. He was tall and muscular, and his eyes reflect that of the mother's. They would make wonderful parents. He rushed to his mates side. Their bond was strong, for they loved each other very much. Looking down at the baby, he scooped her into his arms.

"My love, what did you name her?", he asked.

"Vixen, my little angel.", the mother responded.

"Vixen", he whispered his daughter's name. Pride clearly in his voice.

The child opened her little eyes for the first time. Everyone in the room gasped. For her eyes did not shine, they glowed violet. Her eyes were unearthly.

The midwife rushed to the door screaming, "That child is Cursed. For she has the eyes of the devil!", and out the door she went.

Both parent were so startled they almost dropped the baby. The Curse, was a legend. It was said that if a child's eyes glowed violet, they would bring violence and death. Every child with this appearance was usually sentenced to death. The blood of these children was so powerful that it could be used to awaken gods, bring back the dead, or heal the dieing.

The mother looked down at the little pup she had carried for nine months. She gripped the baby tightly and vowed to never let anything happen to her. For this child was hers and she would protect her with her life.

The father was raised to fear the Cure and so was willing to make the sacrifice. Her loved his mate, but would do anything to protect the pack from this .......monster. He loved his daughter, but she needed to be killed so the others could be safe.

The father reached to take the baby, but the mother would not part with her. The father tried to pry the little bundle out of his mate's arms, but it was in vain.

From that day forward, the pair fought over their daughter. Little Vixen grew and so did the confutations of the mother and father. Years past, until the father could not deal with the stress another day. He had been driven to the point of madness, and decided to take care of his burden.

He felt he only needed his mate for the title of Alpha. Now that he had made a new life a new pack, he could live as a so-lo leader.

The mother loved her daughter with all her heart. So when her crazed stricken mate attacked, she gave her life to protect that little infant. Even when she was near death itself, she fought for that little infant she had in that lone cabin in the woods.

End of Flashback

"- and that's my story. That should answer all you choose to ask.", whispered Vixen.

I sat there trying to absorb what she had just said. I couldn't even picture how that made her feel. My poor beautiful mate. I reached over for her hand, and this time she didn't pull away. She suddenly grabbed her sword and left the room.

I would make her trust me.

She would be mine.

What to do, what to do.......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote and Comment. I am starting to get to the good parts. Make sure to check the next Update! :D

-SoapBubblePrincess