I'm Coming Home (Oneshot-Completed)

Bombs burst in air and take ahold of the life in close distance. He runs and takes cover from the explosion that is, this time, lit near him. Blood soaks his uniform and it seeps into the ground, leaving a permanent scar of the events taking place. The war rages on and he winces as another falls in front of him. He's called back to camp and he sits on the bed and pulls out a picture.

She sighs and listens to the radio, anxiously awaiting a name that will bring her world to an end. The outside world is bleak. Sad. Depressing. Windows are closed or covered in black cloth. Mourning. The picture above the fire brings pain to her  heart at the happiness of the moment, how short it was. The baby cries from the other room. Her pained breaths halt for a moment, to see if it's a false alarm. The crying continues.

She rushes down the hall and enters the room of blue. The crying bundle stands in his crib. His tiny fists curling over the bars of the crib as he throws back his head and wails. She hurridly picks him up and relocates them to the dark rocker in the corner. His eyes drift to the picture on the table beside them. 

"Dada" 

Her eyes water and she clutches him to her chest, burying her head in his dark curls to hide her tears.

The man stares longingly at the picture of three. The happiness written on their face, shinning so brightly that a blind many could see it. His heart skips a beat when he looks at her. Carmel curls and green eyes. The boy has Brown hair, much like his own, but, he has his mothers eyes. And there he stands, eyes filled with admiration and happiness. Joy so uncommon in where he is know.

The general yells for the men to go back to the battle. Sighing the man put the picture in the pocket on the inside of his jacket. Above his heart. With a determined look on his face and before he recharges into battle he says,

"I'm coming home"

I don't know what brought me to write this but, I started to think of the service men and woman tat our fighting for our country and the effect it has on the soldiers and their families. I probably don't have it all right because, I've never been in war or had someone close to me be in war but, I hope you like! Comment and Vote!

~xalexusxmadisonx