Chapter 13

It's been a few days since the talk with John. I have yet to get Paul alone so that I could talk to him about where we both stand in the relationship. I wanted to freely talk to Paul about anything, and I viewed that this is crucial for a healthy relationship.

"Let's go for a walk, Paul." I whispered in his ear to get him away from the rest of the guys. He agreed to my suggestion, and lead me outside so that we could go on a walk, just the two of us. We were both quite for the first few minutes before I decided we were far enough away from everyone. They did not need to know anything about our personal lives.

"Paul, I want to be able to freely talk to you about things without you getting worried, scared, or mad." I began, looking in front of us. "I don't like keeping things to myself, and I don't want you to ever do that too." I could feel Paul looking at me confused, but he let me continue. I stopped walking and turned to face him. "I want to talk about where I want this relationship to go, and I want you to tell me where you want it to go. I need to know what page you are on and I want you to know where I am at. I believe it would be better for us to both know where the other is coming from." Paul smiled a small sincere smile. "I agree with you Trin. I want our relationship to be a healthy one, I don't want it to go sour because we can't talk. What is on your mind?"

"Well, I wanted to talk about the next few years. I want to be completely honest. I wanted to get married by the time I was 23 or 24, but that would put you at a young age, you would be in college still, trying to figure out what you want to do with your life. I don't want to push you into getting married at a young age, but I have my career set and I'll be ready sooner than you are." I explained, trying to all my thoughts out of my mouth.

Paul just stared at me, I could tell he was thinking, but all emotions were wiped off of his face, causing me to not know what was on his mind. "Trin, to be honest, I probably wont go to college, and I'll be 19 or 20 by the time you are 23 or 24, people get married at hte age of 18, so that wont scare me. I know you are the woman I want to marry. I want our relationship to result in marriage, so when you are ready, I'll be ready, and we will get married. I don't want to lose you, ever. You are my everything, my world. If I ever lost you, I would die." He said, pouring his emotions into every word. "I will follow you to the ends of the earth. You are stuck with me, baby, you cannot get rid of me." He smiled, putting his hands on both of my cheeks, then pulling me into a loving kiss.

Now I knew I could not talk about what John suggested. That would not be good for Paul or for myself. He wanted me around forever, and I wanted Paul around forever. He was never going to leave me, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

-2 Years Later-

It's been two years since I poured my thoughts out to Paul, and our relationship was stronger than ever. As I had promised to Paul, on his 18 birthday, I took him to a club with my friends, and we all had a blast. As for our intimate relationship, I would not give myself up until we were engaged, so Paul tried to propose to me after I explained that to him. I politely declined and told him when he could afford an engagement ring, that would be when he could propose to me.

We have moved into our own apartment after Paul had finished high school, so we were now alone together most of the time. When Paul is on patrol with the others, I am at Emily and Sam's house with Emily so that I am not alone.

It's been a good two years, and I had decided that if Paul wanted to wait a bit longer to get married, I could wait until I was 26 max. I was now sitting in our appartment, passing my time with looking up little DIY things for weddings. I did this when Paul wasn't around. The door to the apartment opened so I quickly closed my laptop and left the bedroom to see Paul walking in with a nervous look on his face.

"What did you do Paul?" I asked, wondering what trouble he could have gotten into now. Instead of answering me, he walked up and caught my lips against his, in a deep pasionate kiss. Next thing I knew, he was down on his knee with a box in his hand. "Trinity, I want to move on to the next chapter of our lives. I want to call you my wife, and for you to have our future children. I can't see myself anywhere but in your arms, and you would make me the happiest man on earth if you would do me the honor in being my wife."

Instinctly, my hands rose up to my mouth as I gasped, seeing the expensive ring that John had proposed to my mother with. It had brought tears to my eyes to have the honor in John giving me my mother's wedding ring. "Yes." I whispered softly, then spoke louder, "Of course!" I knocked Paul on his back as I went to hug him and kiss him. Paul broke our kiss and put the ring on my left ring finger, then began to passionately kiss me on my lips, a deeper kiss than before.

Paul then broke our kiss, putting his hands under my shirt and asked, "Does this mean...?" He started, raising his eyebrows up and down suggestively. I giggled slightly as I started to unbutton his jeans, giving him his answer.

The end :)  I hope you all enjoyed it ♥