The Report

Age: 19

"Today on The Report: His Royal Highness, Prince Maxon Shreave will discus and be interviewed on The Selection. That's right! It's that time again. Girls, get ready to fill out your application for the competition of a lifetime! You could be the next queen of Illéa."

The narrator dragged on and on, while I was starting to feel bad for myself. Girls all over Illéa were screaming and jumping and squealing with excitement- some of which may end up in my house for a "Competition of a lifetime" and one girl would become my future wife.

~~~

I sat across from the interviewer, all eyes and cameras on me. Suddenly, a green light started flashing and then we were on air.

I smiled wide and looked at the reporter waiting for a question.

"Your Highness, as we all know, you have recently had your 19th birthday and will soon be preparing for the Selection. What is your opinion on that?"

My fake smile still plastered to my face I replied "I'm both excited and very nervous." I chuckled nervously, and the reporter laughed. "Well then! You do have some preparing to do! The Selection will certainly rattle your nerves. Better get over it now before it gets worse."

Worse? Ugh. I hated the entire idea of the Selection.

I straitened my tie and ran my hands through my hair. The Report was not me favorite thing, especially when it was all about me and I had to be broadcasted live in front of my entire country.

I wanted to just tell the person across from me that I absolutely hated the idea, but Father would certainly not be pleased.

It seemed as if The Report lasted longer than usuall, even though I knew it was still the planned hour. As the interviewer kept adding side comments about the Selection, it made me hate it even more.

When would this be over?

ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I AHOULD WRITE NEXT? Comment!!