Chapter 4

Author Note: After so long, here it is! Yay! :D Hope you all enjoy and please vote, comment, and/or message. I love hearing feedback on my stories. At this time, I'd like to thank everyone for reading, fanning, messaging, voting, and commenting. It all means so much! :) Thank you ScarettKS12 for editting once again. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------

                                           *Start*

Kakashi, Genma, and Raido stopped on a few branches with Hisayo still being held in Kakashi’s arms. They were one their way back home after finally getting the envoy back to his home in the Land of Silk. There were no further encounters with Iwa, and with Iwa being found out, the Grass shinobi expressed their thanks to their Leaf allies before they had left, stating that they would be better able to protect their people and land, as well as the Land of Silk, since they now knew who their enemy was. Yukio had been surprisingly quiet for the rest of the mission, and had promptly disappeared into his chambers as soon as they had arrived at his home. That was alright, though, as no one was really wanting or expecting any kind of thanks from the man.

“You can set me down, Kakashi. I can get around a bit easier now.”

Kakashi silently set her down as he was told, but kept a hold on her to support her, fearful that she wasn’t all that fit to really be standing on her own. His thoughts were on the marker; Hisayo put a bit of pressure on her ankle and winced a bit. Just over three days, and her quick, demonic, healing abilities still hadn’t dealt with it one hundred percent. The deep bite wounds as well as the other wound on her shoulder were showing signs of closing up, but she still needed to at least get it looked at just to make sure the wounds weren’t getting infected.

“We should get going to the hospital to get those injuries of your checked out, Hisayo.” It seemed Kakashi had read her mind.

Hisayo shook her head, much to the confusion of all three males. “No. Take me home- not to that place. I…I can’t stand the hateful and fearful glares. Even after so long, they’re still afraid of me.”

Genma and Raido exchanged looks, wondering what exactly she meant, but then it hit them as they both remembered the reaction she received from the envoy a few days back.

“Hey, they just don’t understand, so don’t be so upset by them.”

Hisayo looked over her shoulder at Raido who had spoken just then. “And what would you know about that? More importantly, why haven’t either of the two of you treated me differently or haven’t acted uncomfortable around me?” She said, referring to both Raido and Genma.

“Because I know what it feels like to be feared.” Raido then pointed up to his scarred face. “I scare off so many people with this face. They turn and run before ever getting to know me. There’s always an awkward air with people as soon as I step onto any scene…I know we had a bit of a rough start, but we never stopped to try to understand the other until now, and you and me…we have at least that much in common- that our appearances…scare people.”

Hisayo stood quiet for a moment, and a slight, nervous tension was in the air before slowly…a smile crawled across Hisayo’s face, happy that he understood. As for Genma…

“And you, Genma?” She questioned with a guarded tone of voice.

The orally fixated jounin looked down at Hisayo with a smirk. “You know I can’t resist a pretty face.” He ended with a wink, causing the white haired kunoichi to purse her lips and look away. He did turn back to being serious, though, and looked up to the sky with a thoughtful expression. “Hey, it’s like I said several nights before, we’ve got your back, and I, for one, don’t like going back on my word. What kind of friend would I be if I can’t keep my word?”