Twenty Eight

We stayed in bed for the rest of the day, my grandfather came back and knocked several times but we ignored him. The last time was ten minutes ago and Crispin went down to talk to him, I could hear their murmuring and I decided to get up and get dressed.

We never made love again and I wasn't mad or upset at losing my virginity I was just sore but never felt so alive. Or that's what I was making myself believe, screw the consequences I needed someone and he was there.

I climbed out of the bed and by the time I reached the door I was fully clothed and my hair was in a ponytail and I ran down the stairs. Both men turned to me as I met them at the door.

"Poppy." My grandfather greeted me.

"Hi." I said feeling the red creep to my face.

"Your grandfather has in formed me that witches are fine with cancelling your blind date marathon except for one."

Surprised and grateful I couldn't help but ask. "Who?"

"The witch from my father's house."

I had totally forgot about him but the look on Crispins face had me worried. "Tell him no, I have made my choice." As the words left my mouth I regretted them. Crispin's head turned to look at me and I could feel him trying to read my expression, my only uncle smiled.

"He only wants ten minutes to talk to you alone at the solstice." My grandfather added.

"I don't see anything wrong with that."

"I don't trust him." Crispin said as he left the door and started to feel the kettle with water.

My grandfather and I came in as well and sat at the table. We all stayed silent waiting for the kettle to whistle and when it did everyone seemed to relax. Crispin poured three cups and placed some cookies on a plate.

I was shocked. "Where did the cookies come from?" I asked around a mouth full of crumbs.

"Where does anything in this house come from. I look in a cupboard and puff what I'm looking for is inside." My grandfather smiled. 

"Really." I asked.

"Your magic is special and as you get stronger you will be able to do more." My grandfather replied for Crispin.

"What's so special about my magic, I can't do anything?"

"You can do more then you think." He said as he stood. "Thanks for the tea. I will see you both tonight as we hit the road."

"Hit the road where are we going?"

"The solstice is in three days. We have a party to go to."

"Why wouldn't we just puff there?"

My grandfather started to laugh. "Puff, I like that but if we puff as you say there is no telling how much time will miss. Don't worry though we are only a five hour ride South of where we hold the party. Pack light and be out front by nine am tomorrow or I will leave with out you." I raised a eyebrow at him. He just smiled and shut the door behind him.

I turned to Crispin "Why do you think your father's vampire wants to talk to me? The whole lot of them have to know we have had sex or that's what my grandfather said. Do you trust any of them?" Questions and thoughts just spilled out of my mouth but I couldn't stop. "What do you think will happen at the party? Do you think the spell is broken?"

"Poppy stop."

I stopped blabbing and looked at him. "I don't think I can. For some reason the thought of going to this celebration sends dread flowing through my veins." Crispin came around the table pulling me up and wrapped his arms around my waist.