My Soul Mate

1 minutes 45 seconds.

I'm walking home from school after I was yet again bullied at school. I consider myself a strong guy. But today was just harsh. With my self esteem as low as ever, I decide to take the route that takes me through the park.

1 minute 30 seconds

I'm walking through the park aimlessly without wanting to meet anyone. And anyways why would whoever is my soul mate love me? I just wanna go through the day without any more rejections.

1 minute

I decide to stand still. Looking around to see who else is looking around. Nobody. I stare at the sky for a brief moment and let out a sigh. Why must this happen now?

45 seconds

Something tells me to move towards a tree. I could sit on it and wait for her. At this point I'm getting nervous. But even I know that by the end of the day I'll end up with a lower self esteem than before.

30 seconds

I get to the tree but I decide not to sit down. If only to see whoever walks towards me. I look around yet again but I find that no one is walking towards me or even glancing at their wrist clocks. Fuck.

15 seconds

My heart starts racing. Skipping a few beats while it's speed increases. I take deep breaths. Glancing every so often. But still nothing that could give me a glimpse of who she could be.

10 seconds

I look around again and find a beautiful girl looking at her wrist clock and walking towards me. She had blonde hair. I think "wow. This girl is very beautiful".

7 seconds

The girl suddenly stops. Looks around and walks towards another direction. Where is she going? I'm right here! And I felt a strong pain in my chest.

5 seconds

I knew this was gonna happen. My wrist clock is gonna count down to zero and no one is even close to me. I just knew this would happen!

3 seconds

And why would anyone appear anyways? It's not like I deserve a soul mate anyways.

1 second

I was gonna turn and walk away but as soon as I take a step back I tripped with one of the roots of the tree.

I await for my body to crash down on the floor but before I could touch the floor someone caught me.

0000d 00hrs 00min

I look up and my brown eyes meet bright blue ones. They were the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. My heart starts racing again as I take in the features of my soul mate.

"Hey, I'm Nathan" he smiled.

He helps me up smiling brightly at me. I smile back. This was the person I'd spend the rest of my life with. And I had nothing against that.

"I'm Chase" I greeted, failing miserably at hiding the smile that was somehow suddenly impossible to hide. And just like that, it stopped bothering me that they called me "gay" at school.