Westinghouse

In 1934 it was a necessity for me to return to my home country to take care of my ailing mother.

Nikola and I corresponded regularly. He continued to inform me of what he was doing on a day to day basis.

I realized that his life began to deteriorate after I left.

He was never fully appreciated and never received the compensation that he deserved.

Starting in 1934, the Westinghouse Electric & Manufacturing Company began paying Nikola $125 per month as well as paying his rent at the Hotel New Yorker.

Surely by now Mr. Westinghouse was feeling very guilty about the millions if not billions of dollars he owed Nikola for all his work; before he retired he instructed those who would come after him to take care of Nikola Tesla.

The Westinghouse company would not be what it is today were it not for Nikola! Especially his generosity in foregoing his royalties. That I am certain about.

Nikola felt it would be easier to live in the hotel to give himself more time to work.

It seemed that the Westinghouse Company was worried about potential bad publicity surrounding the impoverished conditions their priceless former inventor was living under.

Nikola would never accept charity therefore Westinghouse accountants called it a "consulting fee".

What traitors! What thieves! What liars!