Chapter 2: New

I woke up in a unfamiliar room. I shot up looking all around. The room was huge. Like one you'd see in a celebrities home. I was lying in a king-sized bed. I stood up very shaken remembering what I last saw. The blood. I ran to the door and pressed my ear up to it. I heard a deep laugh and a few different voices. I tried to turn the knob but it was locked. I walked to the window. It must've been three storied up. There was a large pool on the ground. The stars were out. My parents must be freaking out. How was I not freaking out? I ran to the large bathroom looking for anyway out when I heard the door open. Cringing, I took a deep breath. Hiding would be stupid. They knew I was here. I decided to try and be brave. While stepping out of the bathroom I saw him. Kenneth. He was tall. Very tall, and thin. Arms covered in tattoos. His choppy black hair in front of his blue eyes. He chuckled,
"Hello."
"H-hi." I barely got out. I was shaking, confused.
"Don't be scared." He laughed, "I... Probably won't hurt you." He winked walking towards me. I stammered back.
"Seriously. It's fine." He got serious. Soon he was in front of me arm on my shoulder, "You hit your head. I'm checking it for you."
"T-T-Thanks." I felt a tear slip down my cheek.
"You should be fine, but you have to stay here." He was stern.
"W-why?" I asked.
"Don't play dumb. You saw it. We have to figure out what to do with you. Don't worry you're covered with your parents for now." He replied.
"I'm sorry about all of this really. It's just a very difficult situation. Why don't you come down and get something to eat?" I nodded again and stumbled.
"What do you think will happen to me?" I asked as we walked down the grand steps in the hallway.
"I get to determine that. And it really depends on the person you are." I shivered.
"What does that mean?"
"It means I get to decide whether we kill you or not."
"W-" he cut me off.
"Don't worry about it. Let's just get you fed."

The kitchen was even more glamorous. The fact that they had a butler amazed me. They were a group of 5 men. All tattooed, muscular, tall. The same ones from school. Mackenzie and Stephanie were here too. They all acted casually. Like they've had people they might kill stay here before. The butler who's name I found out to be David made me an omelette with bacon. I hesitated at first, but it was the best omelette I ever had.
"So, Leia?" A female voice let out from the living room right next to the kitchen. I walked in,
"Yes?" I sighed staring at the huge television sitting in front of me.
"Are you okay?" Stephanie stood up off the couch.
"Yeah... I think so." I smiled. Still wondering why I wasn't trying to find a way out of this place.
"You shouldn't worry about anything, you know. Mack and I have seen stuff and they don't kill us."
"Steph!" A cliché New York accent shot up from the couch.
"I'm just trying to tell her she won't get killed!" Stephanie complained.
"The only reason we didn't kill you guys is because you're hot." Someone laughed. Immediately, I took offense. As a reflex I scoffed and all eyes were on me.
"S-sorry." I said frozen.
"What do you disagree with that statement?" The cliché accent asked.
"It's just unnecessary for you to say that." Oh why did I have to be so defensive.
"You're number is going down." He stepped up off the couch and was directly in front of me.
"Stevie!" Stephanie shot up.
"Shut it Steph! She saw way too much and now she has to die!" He chuckled,
"Enough!" I heard a familiar voice from behind me sound.
My reaction was to turn around and wrap my arms around him.
"Thank you." I whispered. Kenneth softly pushed me off him and I blushed.
"Nobody is going to die! You know I like people with personality. I admire that you stuck up for yourself," He turned to me, "but be careful." His voice stern. I nodded.
"Follow me." He gestured back towards the stairs.

The stairs went on forever and I was completely exhausted by the top of them.
"You're gonna have to move in if you want to live. You can stay in my room until David gets one ready for you." He showed me back to the room I woke up in,
"Wait! What?! Move in? My parents they would never-" He cut me off.
"That's a funny joke. Is your dad not Stefan Éclair?" He seemed like he was about to choke of laughter.
"That's him." I answered, confused.
"Your family is affiliated with mine. Your dad used to be my dad's best-friend before he died. That's why I thought it was so weird I never talked to you." I furrowed my brows.
"My dad? Would be okay?" I shook my head.
"I'll call him myself." Kenneth grinned.
"You do that." I giggled.
"You don't believe me?" He was cracking up now sitting down with me on his bed.
"It's not that I don't believe you it's that I don't believe that my dad would ever... Shoot people, or be any part of that." I cringed. Kenneth began to laugh even more now. Choking on his own laughter. When he calmed down he said,
"You have no idea what we do, do you?"
"All i've ever known of you is the gossip people talked in school, and now the... Er... Shooting."
"Ahhh," he said biting his lower lip.
"You'll learn."