Chapter 06

CHAPTER 06

For a few days now, I have been successfully avoiding Wolfy. Whenever I see him walk towards my direction, I just walk right up the other way—even if that would mean being late for class and being sent to detention.

But of course, you just can’t avoid the inevitable forever. It’s not called “inevitable” for nothing. Whatever you do, there will come a day in your life wherein you’ll be forced to face your fears. And sadly for me, that day is today.

“Hey. I haven’t talked to you in a while.” I felt a hand grab my shoulder. Knowing exactly to whom it belonged, I turned my head abruptly and slapped the hand away. “Ouch! What was that for?” He shrieked, soothing his throbbing hand.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I said icily, “You’re really asking me that? My, aren’t you dumb.”

He smirked…. a sexy smirk, “That’s because I don’t really get why you’re avoiding me.”

“Isn’t it your plan to torture me with my secret?” I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Oh that,” he chuckled slightly, “I was joking, trust me.”

I glared at him. “That was not such a funny joke, if you will ask me.” How could he make fun of my weakness? What a jerk!

His face fell down, “I’m sorry. I just really wanted to know you better. And maybe, know also why you’re... hiding yourself.”

Have I heard him right? Because the last time I heard a rumour about him—which was just this morning—he was still a jerk, a womanizer and a prankster. What is wrong with him being such an angel right now?

“Are you kidding me? Why would I want to share my secret and most importantly, myself with you?”

And there’s his smug face again, “Well, I did not ask for your permission, tough girl. If you still want to keep your secret, following me obediently is surely the best thing to do.” What the fudge!

“Are you threatening me?”  I almost shouted. God, please, no. I take back what I said, he’s not an angel at all!

“Yes,” Ugh, I hate that arrogant jerk face.

“You-” I calmed myself first, counting from 10 to 1, fearing that if I continue ranting, I wouldn’t be able to say what I really want to convey. Continuing, “Okay, let’s keep this as civil as possible. I will tell you why I’m disguising myself, and you will leave me alone for the rest of my life. Is that a deal?” I bargained through gritted, almost whispering. I don’t want others to hear of course, that would just make the situation a lot worse than it already is. Not to mention, we’re already attracting a few curious glances from passerby students. Most of them were girls, who were either glaring at me or ogling at Wolfy.

“Hmmm… how about, you don’t tell me your secret then I will bug you forever?”

Hitting my forehead with the heel of my hand, I sighed, “You’re really an idiot, are you?” And I thought Ravi said he had advanced classes.

“Not really, I just want to know you more.” He winked at me. I could have been captivated again by his god-like face but my anger was taking control of me.

And before I could even think, I grabbed a passerby’s arm then connected it with mine, switching into my actress mode. I wasn’t really sure if it was a girl’s arm since the person was wearing a hooded jacket... but I don’t care anymore. Anyone’s fine with me. I just needed to get out of the situation.

“Hey! How’s life? The last time I heard from you was when your cat drowned…” As if to show my disappointment, I frowned. Okay, that was not such a great topic. I just hope that this person will ride with it.