Chapter 1.

It's you and me and all of the people

and I don't know why

I can't keep my eyes off of you.

All of the things that I want to say

just aren't coming out right

I'm tripping inwards

you got my head spinning

I don't know where to go from here. (lyrics from song You and Me by Lifehouse)

These are the words I think of when I see Sydney. She's been my best friend since I can remember. I'm totally in love with her. But she doesn't know it...Yet.

"So  Dawson, how was your date with Zoey yesterday?" Sydney asked taking a bit of her sandwitch. We were sitting at a table by the window at lunch, its the best table in the cafeteria.

"It was...Okay. She talked like the whole time though.." I said remembering the date.

I had decided to go on a date with Zoey. She's liked me since the third grade, and I finally had agreed to go on one with her. Just to get it over with. But I didn't know it would turn out so terrible. 

I picked her up in my green slugbug..dont ask why i have one. No one knew why i have it besides Sydney but thats another story. So we ended up at this resturaunt called The Pineapple Paradise. Dont let the name fool you, its not just pineapples. Anyways, after we ordered our food, I decided to start a conversation. 

"So do u come here often..?" I asked not sure how to break the awkward situation.

"Uhm, Yeah! Like it's the best place to get Pineapples! Like, there sooo yummy!" She said with a fit of giggles.

"They uh, don't sell pineapples here. It's just named that since were in Hawaii.." I said slowly like I was talking to a child.

"Ohhhhh no wonder when I try to order pineapples they never give me any!"

Oh my god, it was only five minutes into the conversation and I already wanted to leave. Shes not even blonde and shes acting stupid. 

Our food had just arrived and suddenly she bursted out, 

"Why cant i ever get any pineapples?! Like seriously guys!"

The waitor gave her a strange look, and said in a low voice,

"Miss, please lower your voice. Like we have said, we dont have pineapples here."

"Then why is it called Pineapple Paradise?! That makes no sense at all! Like seriously, why name it that when you have no pineapples! That's just ridiculous!" She whined.

Now people were staring. Great, just what I needed. 

"Zoey, it's okay, just chill out. I thought you didn't even like pineapple's?" I said a little confused.

"Oh, I don't." She said like everyone knew, As she shrugged her shoulders. What?! Is she like Bipolar or something? I should have recondsidered this...

By then the waitor had left and neither of us had touched our food. I decided to excuse myself to go to the restroom. I was washing my hands when a older guy came in. He decided to come right beside me and say,

"Did you hear that one psycho chick screaming about pineapples? Gosh, I feel bad for the guy who's on a date with her." I thought about defending her, but instead I had said,

"Ch'yaa...Poor guy.." I shrugged like it was nothing. Then I left the restroom, I didn't want it to get weird or something. Wen I got back to our table I was speechless.

I saw Zoey sitting there like nothing had happened. 

"What the.. Where's my food!?" I said my voice rising a little higher then it should be.

"What are you talking about?" She said with a confused tone.

"D-did you eat my food!?" I said stuttering a little. She looked around trying to find someone to blame.

She then pointed to a man. "He did it! He ate your food!" She said glaring at the man. "How dare you!" She said crossing her arms and looking the other way.

"What! I did no such thing!" The man said getting up out of his chair. Then I realized it was the man from the restroom.

I tried to hide my face a little but he already saw me. 

"What! You, from the restroom! I thought you were here with someone else." He said confused. 

"Yeah, Yea." I said waving a hand his way. After that awkward moment I paid the bill and got the hell out of there. 

When we were in my car, I didn't speak. She of course kept rambling on and on about how she couldn't believe how that guy stole my food. Mid-sentence I decided to cut her off.

"Okay, seriously I know you ate my food you pig!" I said, looking at her out of the corner of my eye.

"B-but I-" She started.

"No! Don't make up any excuses! Why did you eat my food!?" I said. We were parked outside her house now. 

"I-I thought it was my food though....and I was like really hungry because I missed breakfast and you know that's like the most important meal of the day!" She said matter-of-factly. 

"Well didn't you have lunch?!" I said confused again.

"Nope, I skip lunch." She said with a smile.

"What? Why! If you miss breakfast, then why don't you have lunch?" I said getting really mixed up.

"Because that would just be silly, Don't you have a brain?" She said.

I sighed, and there was a long silence. Then i said,

"Okay well i guess I'll see you-"

Suddenly she grabbed my face and smacked our lips together. I was shocked for a momnet, and then shoved her off of me. I felt my lip start to get warm. I touched my lips and saw blood on my fingers.

"What the hell Zoey?! You bit my lip!" i yelled.

"Well it wouldnt have happened if you didnt pull away. But i know you want more." She said with a devilish smile.

"Just get out of my car Zoey." I said with a sigh.

As she left, I vowed that i would never go out with her again.

"Earth to Dawson? Come on were gonna be late for class." Sydney said waving a hand in front of my face.

"Okay Okay"

We dumped our trays and left to go to chemistry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author: LiveYourLife143

Co-Author: StupidityLeak13 

:) Hope you liked it! We worked really hard. We think its pretty good! Rate, Comment, Vote?! Pweeease :D