Chapter Seventeen:Becoming Eska

The next morning I was awakened by a knock at the door.

"Come in." I said groggily.

"Good morning Queen Eska." Rebecca said as she walked through the doorway.

I sighed at her calling me Eska, but I told her good morning any way.

"Sorry to wake you but we have a busy day today! First we must fit you for dress sizes, style is a very important part of being a queen of course. Then, we will study some of Stonewall's history to make sure you know mistakes and good decisions of past rulers. Finally you will deliver a short speech to the people of Stonewall about how you defeated the Aari and all is safe. As I have told you before, you are Eska not Jaya, so you must take that into account when speaking to the people."

Rebecca was talking so quickly it made my head spin. I couldn't deliver a speech to an entire kingdom, especially without any preparation. And I had been so emotional lately, I didn't know what would happen if I tried to tell people about the battle against the Aari. But instead of saying this I just nodded my head and agreed.

"Ok great!" Rebecca said cheerfully, "I'll call the maids to bring you breakfast and after that we can fit you for your dresses."

As Rebecca was walking out of the door I stopped her.

"Wait, Rebecca." I said

She turned around, "yes?"

"Is my mother ok?"

"Do you mean Lady Ressi, the woman who took you in?"

"Yes." I replied.

"She is fine. She was able to hold the Aari off for a while and bought you much needed time. You won't be able too see her for a while, though."

Even though I couldn't see my mother for a while, it still brought a smile to my face knowing that she was ok.

"Is that all?" Rebecca asked.

I nodded and she left the room, closing the door behind her.

I sat up in bed for a few minutes before I heard another knock at the door.

"Come in."

A maid came in bearing a huge platter of food.

"Here you are, Your Majesty."

"Thanks." I said gratefully excepting the food. I hadn't had a full meal in days.

The platter had every breakfast food I could imagine on it. French toast, pancakes, fruit, waffles, and even some foods I didn't recognize.

"What would you like to drink?" The maid asked me.

"Umm orange juice." I said through a huge bite of blueberry pancakes with a ton of syrup.

"Yes, Your Majesty." She did something with her hand and orange juice appeared.

"Wow how did you do that?" I asked surprised.

"Oh, that? It's nothing, simple magic. Nothing compared to what you can do Your Majesty."

I blushed. "Thank you, but you don't have to call me Your Majesty. Call me Ja- Eska. Call me Eska."

"Are you sure? I don't want to show you any disrespect." The maid asked.

"Yes, it is definitely ok, you are not showing me any disrespect whatsoever."

"If it pleases you, Eska."

Once I heard her call me Eska, I rather have her call me Your Majesty. Being called Eska made me miss her even more and I choked back tears.