Chapter 19: First date

Steve's POV

It was already noon, so I hurried my way back home. I was dying for some sleep, and since Jill's going to be out for a few hours, I imagined I could use some of that time to take a nap. She hadn't texted me yet, so I thought she should be home, probably very bored.

The quiet environment of my home took me by surprised once I arrived. I slowly shut the door looking around to spot my sister, but she wasn't anywhere to be seen. Could she be so irresponsible to leave without telling me? I'll kill her.

-Jill? Are you home?, I asked loud enough for her to hear me.

-Hey Steve, I heard my sister's voice in the distance. I walked to my room, but she wasn't there. neither her room, or the kitchen or the living room.

-Jill, where are you?, I asked again. What? She suddenly decided to play hide and seek? I'm a little bit old for that game sis.

-Back here Steve, but I'm ok. Don't come in here!, I heard her and then I knew where she was. I have a small room on the back of the kitchen where I do laundry. Why would she be there?

-What do you mean? What are you doing?, I asked standing in front of the door.

-Nothing! Just don't come in here, she replied raising her tone.

I noticed the floor was wet, and then I saw a few bubbles coming from beneath the door. What the hell was she doing in there? I decided not to waste my time anymore and opened the door.

It was worse than the first time a wave rolled me over. Suddenly a mountain of foam covered me and part of my kitchen. I slipped and fell into it, because all the floor was wet with soap, apparently coming from my washing machine. I stood up cleaning the foam from my face so I could see, but I still couldn't find my sister.

-Jill, what happened here?, I asked looking around until I saw her little face coming up from the foam mountain with a terrible guilty face. I quickly disconnected the washing machine so we wouldn't die electrocuted.

-I wanted to do something nice for you and tried to do your laundry, but I think I might have put too much soap you know, she said giving me an innocent smile.

-You think?, I said with a giggle. This was a disaster, but it was pretty funny in the end. At least I wouldn't have to clean this room for a long, long time.

-What a meanie you are, she said with a pout, I know I'm useless, but you shouldn't make me feel like it.

-I never said you were useless, I said joking with her, But now I know I can't leave you alone with a washing machine and some soap.

-Alright, that is it, she said while tackling me. Usually, she wouldn't the strength to tear me down, but since everything was soapy, I quickly lost balance and fell into the foam with my sister on me.

Man what a disaster! Still our fight didn't stop because of that. It was funny because none of us could stand for longer than three seconds, because we'd instantly slip and fall into the foam again. We spent a while throwing foam to each other and laughing and joking until I decided it was about time to start cleaning this mess. Unfortunately, Jill didn't think the same way I did, since she was too busy putting foam around my mouth and eyebrows to make me a huge white beard.

-Jill? Don't you think it's time for cleaning now?, I asked her while she was completely focus on modeling my beard.

-Come on, I'm almost finished, she said with a sweet smile looking at me, while putting more foam on my eyebrows.

-What's that smile for?, I asked pretty curious.

-Remember when you used to pretend you were Santa Claus for Christmas when I was little?, she asked me giggling with the memory.