Chapter 3

I was awakened by a very appealing blasting music.

Worst part is my ex is staying across my room.

How the hell he's allowed here? I can't even think a very reasonable excuse to let him stay here.

Wait, how can I forget that He is Ezra's "BOYFRIEND" now.

So many questions kept running in my head. I even forgot to turn off the faucet.

I spaced out. I wiped my face with a towel after washing my face.

'Don't let him affect you Jodie.' I chanted repeatedly inside my head.

I released a heavy sigh.

I got out in my room. Still, I can hear the blasting music across my room.

I glared at the closed door.

If my eyes had lasers, it would have torn through these double doors and kill the person that stays inside that room.

Suddenly the door opened, and it revealed my dark past.

Kidding, it revealed the 'great' Alf Ortez.

Like a deer caught in headlights.

I stared at him wide eyed, but I was really trying to keep my cool there.

"Are you stalking me, Jodie?" He said with an evil smirk plastered in his face.

I just want to smack him right now.

I rolled my eyes to him and said, "Ugh, stop with being so full of yourself. As if I want to see that face of yours."

With that I made my way to the dining room, where breakfast is served.

But before I left, I heard him mutter. "Whatever..."

I don't him because of what we had.

I just can't stand the feeling of being around him.

When I arrive to the dining room. I saw my father reading a newspaper.

This family is not a what you've expected.

Yes, I'm from a very wealthy family. I can buy things that I need even the things that I don't necessarily need. Vast lands, Big mansion, studies at a very high class school, you name it.

But I never wished for it. It's just that I'm very fortunate to be born with a very wealthy family. To be honest, I can't even call this a family.

Growing up with the same routine, a breakfast and a dinner filled with silence.

It can never be called a family if were lacking the most important person in a family.

I don't have a mother. She died after giving birth to Ezra.

I've never experienced being loved by a mother.

I made my way to the table and sat on the chair.

"Good morning papa." I said in my quite voice, he just nodded at my presence.

I rolled my eyes to the gesture, but I am very careful for him not to catch that.

While eating quietly, I remembered something that I'm dying to know.

"Pa, why is Alf Ortez here?" I asked smoothly, without malice.

My father put away the newspaper in his face and said " His father and I are business partners. His parents is away for a month. So his father asked me if his son could stay, so I said yes."