Chapter Ten: And I'm not sleeping now, the dark is too hard to beat

And I'm not sleeping now, the dark is too hard to beat

I tossed and twirled in the sheets of my bed, having a rough time falling a sleep. I flipped from one  side to another, and proceed that process every now and then. Sadly, it's not working as I was hoping it would.

I sighed heavily, flipping and staying on my back while glaring at the ceiling. Couldn't I sleep because of the events that occurred today? Well it must be that, obviously.

I mean, honestly... A zoo? Not bad, Styles, not bad...

I think he really 'connected' with some animals, like the twin talking birds who kept repeating his cute 'shit' line when his wallet fell in their cage. It got even funnier when the security escorted him out for harassing the animals. Poor birdies.

But I've got to admit, the fun didn't just stop there. Oh, the kind stares between him and Ergie the sloth, that was casually resting upside down on a long tree branch. Quite humorous, indeed.

I sat up straight, glancing around the dark room I was in. I slipped my feet off the edges of the bed and let them fall on the ground as I got up. I walked up to my desk, grasping on the unfinished book that was being lonely lately when it comes to being read. Smiling weakly, I walked back to my bed and turned the night light on the stand on. I leaned my head back into the puffy pillow, adjusted the duvet directly to my belly-line and leaned the book around the area of my bust.

Before I started reading the lines that for some reason weren't as tempting, the chuffed image of Harry appeared when he tried making me go in the penguin's territory.

Okay, first off... Why? Why would he want an innocent penguin to get a heart attack because some curly-haired dude ran in his house?

Second, why did he even involve me in the failed plan? I was thrilled at the moment, I admit. I just had too many adrenalin running through my veins at the moment: The pressure of what would happen if someone saw us; His caring grip on my hand the whole time; Just being there with him in general.

Messed up is what it all really was.

I rubbed my eyes lightly, shutting them hard then opening them wide to see a better image of what was in front of me. I looked over at the clock on the night stand, seeing it was 3 in the morning.

Great, and I have to be wake and ready for work in a few hours.

I couldn't concentrate on the book anymore, well... At all. I threw it on the other side of the bed and rubbed my eyes again, this time letting them stay closed.

Just as I was in the middle of napping, my phone started ringing. The thought that occurred first was who would be sane enough to call me in this late hour? Or should I say early? Time- some messed up thing right now.

I picked my phone up, clearing my throat before answering it.

" 'Ello?" Not a second has gone by when a familiar voice replied. "It's me, sorry to wake you up.." "I wasn't sleeping." I giggled weakly, waiting for his reaction. "Oh, good then!" I shacked my head and closed my eyes, still sank in the puffy pillow.

"Can't sleep, huh?" He asked. "..Yeah." "Look out your window for a second." He interrupted my hesitating answer, leaving me speechless to his demand. But I got up, walking to the window seat with no other hesitation, and look out.

"So you're stalking my house?" He laughed, shacking his head. He held one of his free hands in his front pockets of his jeans. "More like who's living in there. But trust me, I wasn't." I leaned on the open window, looking down at him as he continued. "I was in the neighborhood, thought I'd stop by."

"Come up." The words flew out of my mouth almost in rhythm, but I immediately regretted saying them when I didn't even think them through first.

He hung up and winked right before he walked off towards the entrance of the building. My heart picked up it's pace, making it go faster and faster. What did I just threw my self into?

Within 3 minutes of worrying, there was a knock on the door. So light, he made sure no one else could hear.

I rushed to the door, slightly going on my toes to make less noise. Before I placed my hand on the cold handle, I looked my self from head to toe and got worried once again. White shorts with a black tank? Oh sure, how formal.

I swallowed hard and opened the door slowly, revealing a smiling figure that towered over me. I avoided eye contact, I didn't exactly wanted to see where his eyes were on me. But I had to when he spoke, it's an instinct.

"C'mon, I'll help you fall asleep." He half smirked and walked pass me, heading towards my room. I closed the door, locking it again and took a breath before following him.

When I got in my room, he was in the middle of taking his jacket off and throwing it on the desk chair. Leaving his torso covered with only a black V-necked shirt. He quickly glanced at me before he almost jumped on the bed, slipping his shoes off at the edge. He tapped the space next to him, signaling me to lay next to him.

Without hesitation, I did so. I managed to get at least some distance between us but he wrapped one of his arms around me, pulling me closer and making me have no choice but to lay my head on his chest.

"What's been bothering your mind lately?" He started, making me arch a brow at the question. "When someone can't sleep, it's because of too much thoughts." He protected his questioning with a strong fact.

I shrugged as a response, biting my lower lip slightly. I was pushed slightly to his body by his hand on my waist.

"What's been bothering you?" I asked, looking up at him. I found him staring down at me, smiling weakly. "Band stuff, mostly that."

Even that expression broke into a more serious one. He leaned his head back on the pillow with his eyes closed and ended that action with a slight groan.

I pulled my head back, glaring at his hand that brushed mine. I swallowed hard and reached my hand, slightly gripping his, and waited for his reaction. Nothing happened, at first, but then I felt a gentle stroke through my hair that made me shiver. I realised I got more relaxed after a few more strokes later, relaxed enough to make me drift into a deep dream while in his arms.

 This chappie might be boring, but I did my best.  D':

I'm slacking off too much these days, I know. ;-;

~Katalina