Chapter 3 a shocking discovery

Orihime rose up slowly awakening from a well rested sleep which no nightmares intruded on. 

She extended her arms upwards stretching them awake to help get her body moving.

The first thing she noticed was she was once again lying on her futon on a well rested pillow and comfortable sheets. She searched her surroundings scanning the whole room, but Ichigo was no longer there. 

Orihime stood up and peered out the window which reflected the sun inside. Illuminating the area showing Orihime it was no longer the evening rather the morning.

Once she realised this, her body became lively and her stomach growled signalling it needed breakfast. 

Feeling hungry, Orihime left her room and made her way towards Kisuke's dining area where she saw three people already sat down.

"Good morning Orihime did you sleep well?" Rukia questioned offering her a bowl of rice.

"Yes I did thank you for asking. I had a dream that I was surrounded by all sorts of delicious treats like cake and cookies." Orihime replied gladly accepting the bowl she had been passed.

"Would you like some tea Orihime?" Kisuke offered.

"Sure thing I'd love some. By the way, where is Ichigo?" Orihime questioned after having a mouthful of rice.

"Ichigo is downstairs training. He woke up hours ago and he's been down there ever since." Kisuke replied taking a sip of his tea.

"Oh I see." Orihime said as she immediately took a sip after talking.

"What's wrong Orihime?" Rukia questioned staring at her confusing expression.

"It's entirely my fault. If I was stronger I wouldn't have let myself get attacked by Tsukishima and I wouldn't have treated Ichigo so badly." Orihime said feeling weak and powerless.

"Orihime it's not your.." Rukia began to say.

"I SAW TSUKISHIMA AS MY LOVER! AND I WAS SO MEAN TO ICHIGO THAT HE CRIED! IF IT WASN'T FOR ME GETTING CAPTURED ALL THE TIME, ICHIGO WOULD BE FINE AND WOULD NEVER HAVE TO CRY LIKE THAT!" Orihime explained feeling completely responsible.

Chad placed a hand on Orihime's shoulder.

"Calm down Orihime. I feel the same way. I was too weak and as a result I turned on my best friend to the point I actually attacked him and he wouldn't dare fight back because he didn't want to hurt me. Which is why I will get stronger and make sure that never happens again." Chad proclaimed feeling determined.

Rukia took Orihime's hands and stared into her eyes.

"You know full well Ichigo doesn't blame you for any of this Orihime or you Chad. I haven't known Ichigo as long as you both, but I know right now, all he cares about is that you both are safe and still alive. If you want to help Ichigo then keep smiling so he doesn't feel guilty for letting you two get hurt. If I know him, he is blaming himself right now for you two getting your memories taken over. Which is I'll bet why he is training so hard right now."

Orihime dried her tears and finally settled down.

"Rukia is right. Ichigo is just glad you're both back to normal. So lets eat breakfast and be ready to welcome him when he is done."

Meanwhile in the lower levels of the Uraharra shop, Ichigo is training pushing his body to the limit to get stronger

Ichigo has just finished his 10th set of 100 push up's. If there was one useful thing he learned from Ginjo, it's that stamina is vital in a long lasting battle.