19: It can't be true

Heya.....Hope your still with me after the last chapter........I know you are all  upset so I did a double post tonight.....not sure about this chapter I might change it later but I couldnt leave you waiting ......It would drive you mad.......so here is a test chapter i might change during the re-edit.......if your reading this that means there is only one last chapter left......thank you for reading.....and welcome to all my fan and supporters...............................<3lalabean

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Ionuts POV)

At The Warrior

I sat there holding Cassi lifeless hand as I tried to make sense of what happened. Where had I gone wrong? Why did Cassi have to die? Was this truly all my fault? “ If only I had been better,” I thought. The baby had gone quiet, and the other still hover close by but I to numb to even pay attention.

“Bro, you have to let her go……. It time.” Emil said.

His words somehow reached me, but all I managed to say was “How?”

“ I don’t that spell you cast, but us here but we all ended up in different parts of the castle. When we finally found Cassi she was lying at the window seat and by then she had shifted back to her human form. She deep punctures wounds to her lungs, stomach and neck. The stabs to the lungs and neck were the worst. If hadn’t died from the wounds to the lungs she would have bled out. We couldn’t stop the bleeding Victoria must have hit her artery. She tried to hang in there to make sure you where alright, but she just couldn’t fight death. She said not to blame yourself and to take care of Lily. Cassi said she wanted you to know that she always loved you and never stopped loving you.  She said thank you for being her prince and now it Lily’s turn.” Emil was choking up with tears as he spoke, but he continued. “She wanted you to know one last thing. Don’t be afraid to love this time, and to be happy with your second chance.”

I start to sob again, leave it to Cassi have the last word even in death. This wasn’t supposed to happen we were supposed to be happy. How was I supposed to say goodbye.

“ Its time bro, we need to take her down stair so they can prepare her body.” Emil said.

I shook my head at him, “ I need to be alone with her. I need to say my good byes.” I said.

“Ok, bro…. I will give 15 minutes and not a minute more.” I numbly nodded my head at him so he would leave but instead stood there for a second. “Do you want me to take Lily.” I looked down at my daughter who was quietly sitting at the crook of my lap. I shook my head “no”.   “Good bye my sweet Goldie I will love you forever,” He said and left out the door.

The room went quiet as I held on to Cassi cold hand. “ This wasn’t supposed to happen Cassi.  We were supposed to have our happily ever after….. Isn’t that what happens when the prince finds his princess. Well, I’m here baby and now you’re gone.  What I’m I going to do without you…..Who is going to tell Lily about all those fairy tales you love to read. You don’t deserve this princess I wish it was me lying on that bed in your place.” I gripped her hand tighter as I spoke. “I know I was a horrible mate, and I wish I could go back and change things but I know it’s not possible. So I will make you a promise instead.”

I shifted my body so I was angled closer to her upper body. I looked at her face as I secretly will her to wake up. “ I promise that I will be everything Lily needs and never let her down like I did you. I promise that one day when she meets her prince that I will never let him do what I did to you. She will have the kind of mate that you should had. I love you Cassi……..I will never love anyone like I love you.”