Chapter Eight

Rachel sat in her apartment and typed up her article on Ella and Chloe on her laptop. Her editor had told her that she wanted the article to be up on the website tomorrow.

Rachel heard a knock on her door. She got on and opened the door. She was surprised to see her little sister standing in the doorway. She hadn't seen her sister since she moved out of the house to live closer to the city for her internship at Seventeen.

"Rachel, I heard you did an interview with Chloe Haywood," she said.

Oh, that's why she's here, Rachel thought. She doesn't want to see me; she wants to hear about the interview.

Rachel and her sister weren't very close. This was mostly because they were complete opposites.

Rachel was a smart, determined girl. All throughout high school, she had a nice, loyal group of friends and always got her schoolwork done well and on time. She got a scholarship to the college she wanted to go to and got through college with high grades. Rachel had always wanted to be a journalist, so she applied to get an internship at Seventeen. She got the internship and was so happy. She knew what she wanted to be, and she didn't let anything get in the way.

Her sister was the opposite. She didn't try very hard in school. All she cared about was being cool. She didn't have any real friends, just people she pretended to be nice to. She always got involved in drama. Most of the time, she was the one causing all of the drama.

"Can I watch the interview?" she asked.

"Um, sure," Rachel replied. She clicked onto the recording of the Skype interview and pressed the play button.

"I knew it!" her sister shouted when the interview starting playing. "I knew she was connected to Chloe; I saw it on the Channel 13 News website. This just confirms it."

"Do you know Ella?" Rachel asked.

"I sure do," her sister smirked. She ran out of Rachel's apartment.

Rachel sighed. She wondered what her sister was up to now.

Four hours later...

Rachel's sister lifted up the doormat and grabbed the key. She unlocked the door and tiptoed through Rachel's apartment until she found her sister's laptop.

"Ugh," she whispered when she opened it. The laptop was password protected. She wondered what Rachel's password would be. Then, she remembered that Rachel talked in her sleep.

She went in Rachel's bedroom. "Rachel," she started, "what's the password on your laptop?"

"My room number with three zeros," Rachel mumbled.

Rachel's sister typed 147000 into the laptop. It was correct. She opened up Rachel's email and clicked on the article about Ella and Chloe. At the end of it, she wrote, After Chloe left, Ella told me a secret. She revealed that she had been dating Ashton Richards, Chloe's boyfriend, ever since she met Chloe, even though she had only known Chloe for two days. She had just wanted to make her new stepsister upset. Ella also said that the moment Chloe arrived, she had secretly invited Ashton to New York so he could visit her, and she would try to not let Chloe know. Guess the secret's out now!

Rachel's sister smiled to herself. This was the perfect way to bring Ella down. She felt like Ella knew that she really wasn't that cool underneath all of her set ups and games, and she wanted to make sure no one believed Ella ever again.

She hit send.

Rachel's sister closed the laptop and walked out of the apartment. Just as she was about to leave, she heard someone behind her. It was Rachel.

"Hannah?"