Chapter 30

“Inui?” I said surprised. 

“Don’t mind him Clair.” He said gesturing to Mizuki, who seemed to be thinking things through. “You just worry about your tennis. He’s no threat.” Inui explained. I don’t know what he said to make me calm down, but after his reassurance I felt a lot better. 

“I wouldn’t say we’re no threat though, Mr. Sadaharu. “ He mocked.

Inui’s glasses were trained on him. “Did you get some good data?” he asked leveled.

Mizuki grinned wider. “As a matter of fact I have.” He replied happily. 

“You are the new manager of St. Rudolph correct?” Inui stated, analyzing his every move. 

Why was he asking? Inui's the manager! Shouldn’t he know who the nerds of our enemies are? “You really don’t have to ask do you? You’ve been keeping an eye on me for awhile now.”

I looked up at Inui. I guess he had known who he was and just kept a low profile, but I guess that’s Inui for you.

Mizuki stood up straight and faced inui with a cocky smirk. “My name is Mizuki, but I’m honored that my senior Inui Sadaharu knows of me.” He said rather respectiley. 

“How can such an ass be respectful?” I muttered out.

“Mr. Sadaharu is something of a role model to managers like myself.” Mizuki said, catching on to what I had said.

“Really?” I asked surprised. 

My eyes danced with curiosity. “Why would anyone want to be like this nerd?” I asked him. Inui’s mood seemed to sink a bit lower. “Never mind that though,” I cut off. “Shouldn’t you be supporting your team or something? Instead of stalking me and your man crush over here.” I said pointing at Inui. 

“Oy!” Inui whispered harshly, he obviously didn’t want any man crushes to be implied.

Mizuki simply chuckled with delight. “I heard stories about that sharp attitude of yours Clair bear.” He used the term with a comfort that made my skin crawl. The term was already annoying. I didn't think it could get any worse.

I bit my lip to keep from exploding at this stuck up kid. “Besides,” he continued on. “They should’ve won by now.” He said, bringing a finger to his right eye and closing both at the same time. “Doubles 2: 6-0; Doubles 1: 6-2; and Singles 3: 6-2.” He finished off.

My jaw dropped and I leaned over to Inui. “Hey, is that even possible?” I whispered.

“Impressive, to be able to predict so much from data alone.” Inui complimented. 

I waved a hand in front of his face. “Hello! You shouldn’t be feeding his ego! “ I scolded.

I turned towards Mizuki with my hands on my hips. “Pffft, any manager could do that.” I said, waving it off like it was no big deal, when I really thought that he should be on one of those Japan's got talent shows. I could see him walking out and predicting stock markets and things like that. Make way for the youngest billionaire in the world! 

“Although…” Inui trailed off.

I looked up at the sudden mood change. Inui looked more serious than usual and I could see his glasses glaring in his direction from the sun. “Although?” Mizuki edged on, curious about the answer.

“Sometimes, it can be a double edged sword too.” I smiled a bit. That’s it Inui show the kid what you’re all about! Intimidate him! 

“What do you mean?” Mizuki answered normally, well his normal, which was a cocky smirk. I looked at his face carefully. His dark hair blue in the wind as his smile stayed in place. His eyes seemed to pierce Inui’s gaze and wouldn’t stop till he got what he wanted from him. His eyes shone a dark blue in the sun, which was a surprise because I thought they were originally grey. 

Inui startled me by walking towards Mizuki until he was shoulder to shoulder with him. Even though the wind was blowing I picked up part of the conversation. “You approached them, didn’t you? Akiyama third Jr. High…” He trailed off.

My eyes widened slightly. “Wasn’t that the first team we were supposed to be playing?” I asked. 

Inui didn’t turn around, but answered accordingly. “Yes, according to my calculations, he probably told them about all of our weak points before the match.” He said rather calmly.

My eyes now completely widened in horror. “You don’t mean-.”

“We didn’t lose.” He said coldly. “Thanks to him though, the matched were made difficult, but we still all won them.” I breathed out a sigh of relief. God knows what I would’ve done if my goal was ruined before I even got to play.

I looked over to Mizuki, sharply. “Is he wrong?” I questioned.

Mizuki walked forward towards me, but I refused to run away like before. He stood right in front of me and I glared at him. “I needed the data to see how Seigaku would perform against a challenge, unfortunately though…”

He lifted a finger and placed it delicately under my chin, making me look to him. “I didn’t exactly get all the data I needed.” I blushed slightly at the contact, but swiped his hand away after realizing Inui was still there. 

“Besides,” he continued. “They went out with a fight, they’ll be satisfied now, won’t they?” he said confidently. He smirked at my flustered appearance before turning back to Inui. “You have to use the people you can use, right?” He looked between Inui and I before smiling to himself. “I’ll be looking forward to the match against you.” He said before walking off towards the courts. “Both of you.” He called out looking at me with amusement.

 I balled my hands into fists with contempt. How could I of let him get to me like that? No doubt he definitely saw me blush, and Inui too. My anger seemed to keep rising by the second. “I’ll kill him.” I hissed in the direction Mizuki walked off in.

“Do it on the court then.” Inui said. I looked to him, and he seemed to automatically know what I was thinking. “Is it not enough to satisfy you?” He asked plainly.

I looked down at my balled up fists and slowly released them; taking a deep breath. Was it really not enough for me? I looked over at Inui, he was looking right back. At what, I don’t know, but he seemed to come to a conclusion. He smiled up at me. “Don’t worry Clair, he said confidently. “You’ll get your chance. I’ll make sure it’ll satisfy you.”