Chapter Six

Popularity Passed Down

Chapter 6- Tonight I became a different person.

*Jacobs POV*

Life in general is the most complicated thing to handle, you never know what could happen to you, to your loved ones, friends, neighbors. No matter who you are or what your income is, everyone has tough drama and problems no matter how big or small it may be. Sometimes the rich and the poor can have the same problems... 

"Jacob come downstairs, your father is leaving in a few minutes." Angelina told me as she stood at my door.

Angelina is head of housekeeping and my childhood nanny. She was the one who basically raised me; the one to teach me the ways of life all because my dad was too busy with work to look after his family. Because of that I see her as more than a nanny, she is part of my family, the mom and dad I never had. I don't know what I would do without her.

"Alright Angelina, I'll be down in a second."

I closed my laptop and took my headphones off. I made my way down the main stairway and on the last step I saw my father, his back was facing me while he talked on the phone, probably to his long term girlfriend Nala.

"Yes, I'm on my way, be patient I'm waiting for my children to get here." My father spoke with so much authority as he turned his head, smiling once he saw me. "I've got to go Nala, I'll see you in a few days."

So he was talking to Nala, no suprise there. Nala is nice and all but she will never be my mother. No one can or ever take the place of my mom. My dad looked at me and gave me a huge grin. "I have wonderful news everyone!" Exclaimed my dad. "Now that all my children are here I can tell you all at once; I'm engaged to Nala!"

It took me a minute to process what he just said; no one else said anything within that minute either. Honestly, I never expected my father to remarry, but then again I wouldn't know; I don't really know who he is. "Congrats on your engagement father, I hope you two are happy with each other." I replied monotone as I walked back upstairs leaving him and my siblings behind. I wouldn't know what he said  because I turned my back and walked upstairs before anyone could say anything.

A few hours later Angelina called me through the intercom, telling me to come downstairs for dinner. I took my headphones off for a second time that day and walked down the stairs and into the dinning room. My house is fairly large. My father is a successful businessman; he owns multiple recreational centers, 'Dales Center'. Currently he opened a recent center in Honolulu, Hawaii making this his fifth one.

"Stop daydreaming and eat your food before it gets cold." Kira said.

Kira Dales, my older and only sister. A five feet five girl with pure black hair and green eyes, who apparently looks a lot like our mother. At least that's what our dad says. She is a Junior and best friends with Kathrine's sister Victoria. Kira is also a cheerleader and soon to be co-captain along side Victoria. 

"So how was everyone's day?" Lucas asked.

"SHHH! I'm watching my show!" Darwin replied.

Lucas and Darwin, my brothers. Lucas is the oldest, a Junior at Yale while Darwin in the youngest, a moody seventh grader with preteen 'problems'. Then there's me; a freshman in high school.

After dinner I went straight to bed, dreading to go to school tomorrow.

Monday morning came and I was up getting ready for another day in hell.  Lucas gave me a ride to school today. I thanked him and walked to my locker while bumping into everyone in the hall. First period was about to start soon so people started heading to class.  I just made it when the bell rang to start the day. I took my seat in the back of class and listened to Mr. Anderson. Well, I tried to but I couldn't. My mind just wasn't here today, it's on my father and my soon to be step-mother.