Chapter 8

{edited/rewritten}

not really sure how to feel about it, 

something in the way you move. 

makes me feel like i can't live without you.

___

I took a deep breath and opened the wooden doors to Chance's office, bracing myself for what I was about to see. I stood in the doorway for a few seconds, taking in everything around me. Chance was sitting at a long, wide desk with his head down and a pen in his hand. He was scribbling something on the paper in front of him. There were paper's everywhere and he looked busy and stressed. In some way, he sort of looked cute. He had on a pair of glasses that I've never seen him wear and, in a way, they made him look younger and innocent. His desk was sort of messy but seemed like it was an organized type of messy for himself. There were multiple shelves behind his desk filled with millions of books. I couldn't tell if they were books to read for fun or something more serious. To his right was a giant window that overlooked the middle of the pack where I could see some people walking around. To his left was another window that overlooked the woods and a path that might lead me out of this place. Since I've been awake I have been mapping out the house and looking for different espace route whether it will be through a window or a door.

"Oh great, you're awake." He said, lifting his head up to meet my eyes for a brief moment and then he put the pen down on his desk and took off his glasses. He motioned for me to sit down in the chair in front of his desk. When I did, he began talking, "Can I help you with something?"

He was clearly enjoying this and I suddenly felt frustrated. Can he help me with something? Was he stupid? Of course I needed help. I wanted to figure out a way to get out of being his mate. I wanted to figure out a way to escape from this prison. I wanted to figure out how to get home to my family.

I looked down at my fingers and began peeling the nail polish off of my nails. When I was nervous, I either peeled the polish off or played with the rings on my fingers, mostly the thumb ring. It was a nervous habit I did especially when I was feeling anxious. "When can I go home? I don't want to attend some barbeque or be a Luna. I most certainly do not want to be your mate. I heard what you said the other day. You said you didn't want a human as a mate. Seeing as I'm human, just let me go home and we can forget this ever happened. I'll think I smoked too much and was tripping or had too much fun one weekend and got so drunk I blacked out and thought I was dreaming."

Chance laughed loudly and wiped at his eyes dramatically. Did it look like I was finding this funny? "You can't go home because your home is here now with me. You are my mate and my future Luna and so you belong here. I know what I said the other day but after talking to your family, there's a possibility that I could be wrong and you will shift. Until the full moon, you will stay here, where it is safe, and we will find out what you truly are. As for the barbeque, it's being held in my honor for finding a mate and becoming the new Alpha of the Black Wolves Pack. The barbeque gives you a chance to meet the people of our pack and for them to meet their future Luna."

I huffed, getting a little annoyed again. He's funny if he thinks I'll just go along with this like I'm some little house wife in the 1950's. "Again, this is the literal definition of kidnapping. I do not want to be here and therefore you are holding me here against my will. I want to see my grandparents, my parents and my dogs. Home is wherever you aren't. I will not attend this stupid party. This is all so overwhelming and I'm trying to make sense of it all."