Chapter 2:Hospital, Home, Meeting the Band

At the hospital, the nurses and doctors would not let Adam see Niya until morning. As soon as he woke uo in the lobby, Adam was asking all the nurses and doctors for him to see Niya and one of the nurses said,"She is in room 408". Adam rushed down the hallway almost leaving Sauli behind but he caught up with Adam when they got to the room. Adam slowly opened the door and saw Niya laying there with tubes and hooks on her. The sight was just too much for Adam's little heart and he walked slowly up to the bed, kneeled down beside it, and started crying into his hands. Sauli kneeled beside Adam and put his hand on his shoulder and said,"It's okay, Adam. The hospital will take good care of her. We barely know this girl. Why are you so upset? Come on. Let's go home.". Sauli got up and grabbed Adam's arm lightly and raised him up, when Adam soon snatched him arm away. "WHAT THE FUCK, SAULI? DO YOU NOT SEE THIS LITTLE GIRL, HOOKED UP TO A GIANT MACHINE, BARELY ALIVE AND ALL YOU CAN SAY IS 'LET'S GO HOME'? WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST THIS LITTLE GIRL, BECAUSE I SURE IN THE HELL WOULD LIKE TO KNOW?". Sauli stood queitly looking over his shoulder at the now awake teenager and the two little children sitting in the chairs next to the bed. Adam was stunned as he turned around to see the three kids looking at them in awe.

"What is going on? Why is Adam screaming and Sauli crying? Where am I and how did I get here?". Adam looked back over his shoulder and surley enough, Sauli was crying. Adam wiped away his tears, kissed him, and whispered something in his ear that made Sauli hug him and walk out of the room soon after. Adam sat on the bed next to Niya and said,"You are in the hospital. We called the perimedics to come get you because we think you had a seizure. Are you feeling better now?" Niya nodded and asked, "Why were you two fighting. And what do you mean 'what do he have against me'? He don't like me or something?" Adam replied, "Don't worry about that okay. Let's get you discharged so i can go to rehersal. I have a concert tomorrow and I want one last practice.". Niya's eyes was filled with joy as she said,"Can I come to your rehersal? I want to hear you sing in person since I can't come to your concert." "Of course you can," Adam said,"In fact you can come to the concert too. How does a free VIP ticket sound since tomorrow is your birthday? Do you like that?" Niya nodded with joy. Adam walked out of the room and returned about an hour later. A bunch of nurses and doctors unhooked her from the machines and gave her her clothes and she went into the restroom to rest dressed and fixed up. She came out with blue basketball shorts with red and white lines on the side, a blue T-shirt with a red picture of someone playing basketball, long white socks, red and white tennis shoes, and a red, blue, and white cap. If Adam didn't know any better, he would have though Niya was a dude.

They checked out of the hospital, Adam woke up the sleeping Sauli, and went to the car. Niya was put on some meds but it will control the ticking, blackouts, shoutouts, and all the other stuff she is having problems with. Adam got the small kids in each arm, smiling and laughing as they hugged and kissed and playing with him in the car. Niya smiled at the sight of the three having fun but soon frowned when she saw that Sauli was not. Since Josh and Malik was 2 and understood most of the things people said and did, Niya whispered something in their ears and they nodded. Niya and Adam watched and smiled as the two boys crawled to Sauli and hugged, kissed, and played with him well. Since Sauli was the one driving, he laughed and played for a little and continued driving. Adam was so proud of what he saw. He kissed Sauli right on the cheek and Sauli blushed a shade of bright red. Niya and the boys started to giggle as they continued to play with each other. As soon as the car stopped at the house, Adam got out and opened the door for Niya and helped her out. Sauli took her bag of pills and other meds into the house followed by Josh and Malik. Adam helped Niya into the house like a criple person on cruches. "Adam", Niya said,"you don't have to do this. I'm fine. Go get ready for rehersal." Adam looked very worried but saw the trust in her face and went upstairs to get worried. Niya waited with the children for about two hours until Adam came downstairs with tight, black leather pants, a black T-shirt, and a black leather jacket. He had on a thick amount of eyeliner and face glitter.

"It's just a rehersal, Adam. Do you really need all of that on?" Niya asked. Adam blushed and said,"I like to play the part. Wait until tomorrow. It will be nothing like this. I will be out of this world.". Niya blushed just imagining him in her head on that stage. It made Adam and the kids laugh and the four joined for a group hug when Sauli joined in soon after. Niya looked up at Sauli and he winked at her. When they let go, Adam looked at Niya and said,"Do you have any other clothes you can change into?". Niya shook her head in an unpleasant way thinking Adam didn't like her outfit and she rolled her eyes and headed to the door saying,"Can we go now? I don't appreticate you talking about my clothes. I don't care if you don't like it as long as I do.". Adam saw how upset she was and said,"No, honey, it's not that I don't like your clothes, I just wanted to take you shopping after we get back." Niya blushed red and said,"Oh. Sorry about that. I have a slight anger issue. I guess that sounds alright. Come on. We musn't be late.", she said with a giggle, grabbing the children, skipping out of the door with Adam and Sauli following behind her. They got in the car and sped away once more heading to the studio. For some strange reason, the car ride was very quiet the whole way. When they stopped in front of the studio, Adam saw that Tommy, Monte, Issac, Ashley, Brian, Camila, Keisha, and Reyna was already there. When Niya, Malik, Josh, Adam, and Sauli walked in the buliding, everyone queited down and look at the three kids. Malik and Josh hid behind Niya holding onto each one of her legs. She picked them up in both arms and stared among the party of people. Monte was the first to speak. He walked in front of Niya and kneeled down in front of her, held out his hand, and said,"Hello, my name is Monte. What are your names?". Niya smiled a little and said in a shy but pleasant voice,"My name is Niya.". She look at each of the boys and said,"And this is Malik and Josh.". Soon everyone crowded around the three kids and started talking and greeting them. Adam started to speak when the talking died down. "We found them in the store. Thier parents abandoned them and they are staying with us until we can find them. They will be here for every concert, reshersal, and tour until then."

Sauli's eyes became very wide and he said,"Wait a mintue. I didn't agree to that. Since when do you make all of the big decisions. We already have enough problems on our own but having to take care of three kids. I don't think so.". Adam and the band was shocked by his over-reaction and they all turned around to see Niya crying holding Malik and Josh. They were silently crying into her shirt, for they understood what Sauli had said. Adam turned to Sauli and slapped him hard and said,"Shut up, Sauli! Just shut up! They are homeless and have no family. What do you want them to do, live on the side of the street thrying to chase down every car they see? Why do you ask like that? I though you were different but I guess I was wrong.". The band and the kids were just standing there stunned looking back and forth between the two men. Niya ran out of the door with the boys crying. Adam started to run after her but Tommy grabbed his arm and said,"I'll go get her. Stay here and reherse with the band. I'll be back.". Before Adam could reply, Tommy was already out of the door shouting Niya's name. Adam sighed deepy and went to rehersal with the band. Sauli just sat there queitly crying, not because of the burning red spot on his face but because he is afraid to lose Adam. But at the same time he don't want the kids around because they might interfer with their relationship.