Chapter 23

Kevin wakes to a pounding headache. When he finally hit realization he sits up to see he's in his room. "Jackie?" Frantically touching the bed next to him, she wasn't there. "Jackie!?" Kevin throws the sheets off of him before running out into the hallway still calling out her name. "Jacquline! Honey where are you!?" He runs into the bathroom next to his room. Then to the extra rooms. After checking the entire floor, he runs down stairs. "Jaqueline!?" Nearly tripping in the last step he turns into the living room, he stops suddenly when see something dark near the front door. He saw the women he loved, laying on the ground in a pool of blood. Her own blood. "Jaqueline..." he steps silently toward her as he whispers for her to wake up. "Jaqueline... are you ok?" She doesn't move. In fact, Kevin was almost sure she wasn't breathing. "Jaqueline." His fear became a reality when he turns her body over and sees that it was truly his wife. "Jaqueline!" Kevin screams out for his wife, who he held close. "No! This is not how it ends!" Shaking his wife frantically. "Tell me this isn't true. That the people in the car were lying. You're not dead! My beautiful wife! You're not gone!" He stops shaking her when he thought he saw her move. But the only movement he got was Jackie's head, fall onto his chest. "Jackie..." he holds her cold face. She was pale. As if she's been there all night. "Baby, your not dead. Maybe I'm having a bad dream. You're going to be next to me when I wake up. Your going to be, warm, smiling and happy- just like you said I make you. Right?" She doesn't move. "Ok." He shuts his eyes tight and holds her body close to his. "1...2...3!" He opens his eyes, but Jackie still hadn't move. Kevin was too busy trying to wake her up, he completely ignores the man standing behind them. "Just kill me... do it! Just fucking kill me!"

The mysterious man raises his blade and prepared to penetrate Kevin's back when something stopped him.