Chapter Fourteen.

-Niall's Point Of View-

"Ni, please don't make me do this." Leann begged. I smiled, as I set her guitar down on the pavement. She didn't know what I had planned, until I gave her my snapback and told her to slip her glasses on. That's when she freaked out.

"Le, you'll be fine. I'll be right there beside you. I just want to test something," I began, as I watched her slowly breathe in and out. Her nerves were getting to her. I grabbed her hand and held it in mine, causing her to look at me. "Do you trust me?" I asked her. She bit her lower lip, before nodding her head slowly. I released her hand, grabbed her guitar, and helped her get set up.

"Are you ready?" I whisper, trying to comfort her. She sighed, before sitting down on the small rock wall behind her. I smiled as she placed her fingers on the strings and began to strum.

"-If we take this bird in, with its broken leg. We could nurse it, she said. Come inside for a little lie down with me. If you fall asleep, it wouldn't be the worst thing..." More and more people were beginning to gather around. This was a good sign.

"-But when I wake up, your make-up, is on my shoulder. And tell me, if I lie down, would you stay now and let me hold you?" I looked around and saw people recording her performance, people taking pictures, and people swaying to the beat. So far, so good.

"-But if I kiss you, will your mouth read this truth? Darling, how I miss you. Strawberries taste how lips do. And its not complete yet, mustn't get our feet wet. Cos that leads to regret, diving in too soon. And I'll owe it all to you, my little bird. My little bird.

"-If we take a walk out, in the morning dew. We could lay down, so I'm next to you. Come inside for a little home-made tea. If you fall asleep, then at least you're next to me..." She is a hit. Everybody is loving her.

"-And if I wake up, you see, it's late, love. Go back to sleep. I'm covered by nature and I'm safe now. Underneath this oak tree with you beside me...

"-And of all these things, I'm sure of. I'm not quite certain, of your love. And you made me scream, but then I made you cry. When I left that little bird, with its broken leg to die." She stopped playing, as she looked out into the small crowd ans smiled. She set her guitar down in her case and took a bow. While she took in their applause, I shut the guitar case and locked it tight, gripping it in my hand. I walked up beside her and asked if she was ready. She didn't answer. She just stood there in silence, frozen in her spot. It wasn't until I looked into her eyes and saw fear did I know what was going on.

Carter.

I grabbed her hand and began to fast walk back towards the hotel. I could hear her softly sobbing and felt her shaking. Once we were in the comfort of her hotel room, I gently placed the case on the floor and pulled Le in close. Her sobbing and shaking increased. I felt horrible. I felt like I let her down. I sunk to the floor, Leann following me down. I rocked her back and forth, trying to calm her down.

"Please don't let him touch me." She whispered in between sobs. I rubbed small circles on her back, soothing her. "I won't." I promised her, trying to pull her closer to me. She placed her hand on my chest and pushed herself off enough to look me in the eyes. She took a deep breath, as a single tear rolled down her face.

"What's going to happen now?" She whispered softly, her voice cracking.

"I don't know, love. But we'll get through this. I won't let him touch you. I promise." I replied, before kissing her on her forehead. She crashed back into my arms, as I slowly rocked her, humming to her softly.

I needed to do something. I can't stand seeing her like this because one prick decided to ruin her life. She means so much to me. It literally kills me on the inside to see her cry. What am I going to do this time? Send her back to America? I'm not going to do that. That would tear my world apart. I love her too much to let her go.