Chapter 2: A HayDay Crisis

"Um... Is that supposed to mean something to me?" I say uncertainly, getting more confused every second.

Well if I thought everyone was staring at me weirdly earlier, boy was I wrong. NOW, everyone is staring at me weirdly and I mean like they think I committed a serious crime. It's seriously freaking the crap out of me.

Ms.Granger seems to be at a loss of words for a few moments, before she bursts out laughing.

"Only you, Melana! Only you.." She laughs and my cheeks heat up.

"What?" I say defensively and I slide off the banister, placing my hands on my hips.

"Melana, One Direction is the number one most popular boy band." Ms.Granger tells me, still laughing a little.

"Oh god, so they're gay?" I groan and everyone starts laughing, except for the five guys who look slightly offended. What? Everyone knows boy bands are gay.

"No! Why in the world would you think that?" Ms.Granger exclaims, shaking with laughter.

"Because she's Melana!" Some random snotty girl smirks and I whip around in the direction of her voice.

"Shut up." I snarl, pointing a finger at her. "Everyone knows boy bands are gay!"

The girl immediately wipes the smirk off her face and pales. Good.

Feeling satisfied, yet mildly embarrassed, I sit back down on the banister and turn to look at Ms.Granger, who has finally gotten her laughter under control.

"And you wonder why I look at you when I tell people to be on their 'best behavior'." She scolds and I roll my eyes.

That was my best behavior!

"Anyway, so they're just going to walk around and talk to a few of you guys, to decide who they want to adopt." Ms.Granger explains and I immediately pull out my iPod, which gets a couple snickers from the kids.

Like I said earlier, I never get picked. So I've learned to bring some sort of entertainment for this portion of the day. And just because these guys are some 'popular boy band' doesn't mean I'm going to treat them any different than how I treat every other person.

The guys start to walk around and talk to people, while Ms.Granger supervises and I open up the HayDay app. It's this super addicting farm game that I play like 24/7.

It's pure awesomeness.

I click around on the screen, harvesting my crops, collecting the milk and eggs, feeding the cows. Then I notice a crisis, I don't have food for my chickens!

"No!" I shout and everyone freezes, but I don't pay attention to them. "This can't be happening!"

"What?" Ms.Granger asks, sounding very concerned.

I raise my head to look at her and clutch my iPod desperately.

"I don't have food to feed the chickens!" I say desperately and I turn back down to my iPod, clicking the screen. "And I won't have chicken feed for another 2 minutes!"

Ms.Granger just stands there in shock and once again, all eyes are on me. I slide off the banister once again and run up to her, pushing past all the kids.

"THEY'RE GONNA STARVE! LOOK AT THEM!" I exclaim and wave the iPod in front of her.

"Melana..." She sighs, holding her forehead with her hand. "How many times have we talked about this? HayDay is not real life, the chickens aren't going to starve."

"You heartless person, my chickens are as real to me as Santa is!" I cry out and multiple people laugh at that.

"Melana, we've talked about this too. Santa isn't real." Ms.Granger says exasperatedly, still clutching her forehead.

I pretend to fake sob and everyone is staring, watching me like I'm a TV show.

"My whole life has been a lie!" I cry loudly, before returning to fake sobbing.

"Upstairs, go upstairs." Ms.Granger orders and I immediately stop fake crying, choosing to glare at her instead.

"You heard me." She repeats and I glare at her for another moment or two, before stomping up the stairs and into my room, slamming the door as loud as I can.

>**<**>**<**>**<**>**<**>**<**>

Woohoo, chapter two guys! I hope you liked it, even though it's definitely on the short side.

Sorry about that...

Anyway so I'm about to watch the Billboards Music awards! Who's watching with me?

Again, feel free to comment on what you did or didn't like!

COMMENT!

VOTE!

FAN!

~ :3