{ chapter 9 }

"Wow, I can't believe we're actually going to our first prom," Bekah exclaims as the two of us finish up getting ready. We're adding the finishing touches to ourselves (perfume, jewelry, shoes, you know).

        "I can't believe i actually got a date," I say, letting out a laugh, "how much did you pay Kyle anyway?"

         Bekah laughs, "I didn't pay him anything!"

        "Sure, whatever you say," I tell her, rolling my eyes teasingly.

       We hear knocking on her front door, and hurry out of her room and downstairs to open the door to find Jasper and Kyle, all dressed up in their tuxes.

      "Hell-o, ladies," Jasper says in what he thinks is a smooth and cool sounding voice.

       "Hi Jasper," Bekah says, wrapping him in a hug, "I would kiss you but I don't want my make up to get messed up right before pictures."

      "Dang," Jasper replies, trying to sound disappointed.

      "Hey Kyle," I greet him with a grin.

       "Hi Addison," Kyle responds, flashing me a smile.Joasper and Kyle both take a good look at the two of us for a quick moment, taking in our appearances.

       "So how are you ladies, you look-"

        "Oh! You're here! Let's hurry and take some pictures so you're not late for your reservation!" Bekah's mother gushes, interrupting Jasper. "Gwen! The boys are here!" She calls behind her to my mom, who is in Bekah's kitchen.

        "They're here? Oh, let me get my camera!" My mom calls back. Oh, goodness. This is going to be interesting.

      A few minutes later, when our mothers have their camera's ready, we begin the photo shoot. They insist on photographing the boys giving us the corsages and us putting the corsages on, and they photograph us pinning the boutonnieres on the boys' blazer's. That was a process; it took about ten minutes.

      Finally, we pose for real pictures, and our mom's take about ten thousand pictures. And then finally, they set us free and we say goodbye and get into Kyle's car and drive to the sushi restaurant that we have a reservation at.

                           ——

          When we arrive at the prom and walk in the doors, the lights are turned down low, and the high school gym is decorated to the nines. When we walk in, I feel like someone is looking at me, and I look around the gym and notice that several boys are looking at me, but they quickly look away when they notice that I've noticed. And then my eyes fall on a familiar head of blonde hair, and meet a lovely pair of blue eyes. Andrew. And he's looking at me. Our eyes meet for a second, and then I quickly look away.

          "At first I thought that there was something wrong with us, like my underwear was out or Jasper got soy sauce on his white shirt but now I'm realizing it's just the girls," Kyle states. Apparently he noticed all of the attention we were getting.

        "What do you mean?" Bekah asks.

        "Don't you see them all looking at us?" Kyle asks, lowering his voice.

        "Actually, they're not looking at us. And they're not looking at Bekah, since she's off limits I guess." Jasper observes. I realize that Jasper and Bekah are walking really close together and holding hands, while Kyle and I have a little distance between us and aren't touching at all.

       "Then what are they looking at...?" I ask, confused.

      "They're looking at you, Addie. If Bekah doesn't mind me saying this, you're looking pretty damn good tonight." Jasper replies, and Bekah makes a face at him. "And Rebekah, you look very beautiful, babe," He says, giving her a cheesy grin.