Chapter 11

The next day at breakfast, we talked through my plan in hushed voices.

"It's mad and crazy and absolutely brilliant...and I love it." winked Holly.

"I thought you were the scheming little madam of the group Hols, but clearly I was wrong!" Joe said. Holly pinched him. "I meant that in the nicest possible way of course Rainbow." He added.

"That's not why I pinched you Joseph Dane." Holly said moodily.

"Anyway," said Amber fiercely "it sounds like a good idea Rainbow, but I think we should talk it through a bit more...in private." she looked around at the twitching ears of the other students. I nodded. "Agreed. We all have Wednesday afternoon's off yes?"

"We'll go back to my room then, seeing as we didn't yesterday after...what happened." Holly said. There was a moment of solemn silence as we remembered yesterday's events. "Kat spends her afternoon's off...somewhere. I assume the library or something. So we'll have privacy."

We went our separate ways as usual, except for Holly and I who finally had a class together - Sports. My absolute favourite! (Note the sarcasm.)

"I'm afraid Cassie's eternal rule doesn't end in the sports hall either." said Holly quietly as we got changed.

"I didn't think it would." I replied, watching Cassie laughing melodramatically and shortening her netball skirt just a few inches away from being classified as a belt. Holly saw too, and made a face.

"There aren't even any boys in this class! Who is she trying to impress? I'm so ashamed to admit I was once friends with her. Or, at least I thought I was..."

As much as I hated Cassie, I had to admit she was good. It was easy to see why she was captain of the team. Holly though was even better. Those long legs of hers were clearly good for something.

I tried my best to keep out of the way, and if I ever got the ball I threw it away as quickly as possible,  like it was made of fire.

To my surprise this technique worked pretty well, and I managed to set Holly up for a goal - or whatever it's called in netball.

"Fantastic teamwork Rainbow well done!" Professor Lirit called out. Holly had told me he was her music teacher, but doubled as sports coach for some of the classes. I blushed a little when he complimented me - he was blessed with the gift that all P.E teachers seem to have, and was more than a little bit handsome. It didn't take much to make Holly swoon though, and it was obvious she had the biggest crush of them all on him.

But the heart on her sleeve tripled when we left the classroom and Joe was waiting for us.

"Hey!" he said enthusiastically as we walked towards him.

"Hey." Holly said, clearly trying to sound offhand. Joe smiled at her in that way he only smiles at Holly, then turned to me.

"Physics then?" Now it was time for my first class with Joe. We said goodbye to Holly, and made our way to Professor Motus' classroom.

"What's she like as a teacher?" I asked before we got there.

"You can't deny she knows what she's talking about, but she's not my favourite. There's just something...so wrong about her. It's not that she's strict, I mean Eldrin is strict but she's also, I don't know, real?"

"I think I know what you mean." I said, before we went in for my first Physics lesson.

The hour past quickly, and before I knew it I was on my way to Drama class. Professor Holiday would be a welcome change to the intensity of Professor Motus. I was glad I only had her twice a week. Any more than that I didn't think I could handle.