Ch-1 Don't Scream..

The night was dark. The only light emitted into the tiny bedroom was from the door that stood slightly ajar. The room was clean for a four year old. There weren't toys littering the floor and no clothes thrown about the room.

The tiny boy slept soundly; light snores could be heard from within his chest. His arm twitched fervently, but became still after a moment. The sound of his breathing rang across the silent room.

Seeing the child deep in his slumber, I swiftly crawled from under the boys bed. My lanky body twisting in ways no human could even dream of doing, my pale skin emitting a slight glow as I stood on the haunches of my feet and leered over the bed. My face Expressionless yet calming, eyes spherical and blackened fixated on the boy with the twinkling of another dimension. I let a sigh leave my parched lips.

The little boy stirred but didn't wake. I giggled and steeped back from the bed a bit. My eyes glanced around the small room but slid back to the little boy after mere seconds. I smiled my crooked smile and allowed my fingers to glide over the soft comforter. This motion made the boys eyes jerk open, and he would have screamed if he hadn't glanced at my single finger I placed over my mouth in a calm shushing motion. He nodded his agreement.

"H-hello. What's y-your name?" The little boy stuttered out, his eyes slowly taking in my features.

I merely smiled and motioned to myself. "You may call me Angel, " I paused a second and the boy continued to stare at me in wonder. "I already know your name, its Nick."

He stared at me, surprise in his eyes. I grinned knowingly and sat at the edged of his bed. Nick sat up and rubbed at his eyes. His light blonde hair sticking up in odd angles around his head. He curiously moved closer to me.

"Why were you under my bed?" He asked, his curiosity getting the best of him.

I stood up soundlessly and paced about the small room. My eyes stared at Nick and my mood turned somber. They always had ways of getting to me. This one, with his innocence.

________________________________________________________________________

A/N

well cliff hanger here, my first real attempt at a story so I need a some feedback if you would do me the honor. Sorry I suck at author notes *frowns*