Legend Of The Mothman

Hey guys!

I begged my mom to let me post this story for DAYS!!!

And because today is my birthday and not only did I NOT have a party, I also did my HOMEWORK for summer school as well as write a unit test!!!

Well... let's just say she felt bad for me and let me put this up!!!

Ps. The legend of the Mothman always fascinated me!

I used to read LOADS of non fiction books about encounters... so I decided to write this!

Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue

I never used to believe all those people who 'saw something', they were all classified as crazy to me... but that was before I became one of them...

It all started on June 30th, my big sister's birthday.

Her name is Hope... yeah, you guessed it!

Our parents are all for organic names; they used to be hippies.

Well, anyway, we went to a sighting place of the 'mothman' in West Virginia... "You're a nerd, Hope." I told her, putting my brown hair up into a ponytail. "A crazy nerd."

"There were hundreds of witnesses!!!" she defended herself. Her black hair whipping around her face in the wind coming in through the car windows.

"Girls, stop it!" Their mom commanded. "Bliss, just let her believe what she wants; it's her birthday!"

"Ha!" My sister mocked me, a light snapping in her large, dark blue eyes.

"Whatever," I said, annoyed. "When we don't see anything and you get all disappointed, don't say I didn't tell you!"

"Yeah, yeah." Hope waved off my warning before continuing her nonsensical babbling. "There is a whole legend about the mothman too! Do you want to hear it daddy?"

"Of course, honey." He replied as he was turning left... Damn her being daddy's little girl! Seriously, I'm almost 16 and she's just turned 18; I'm the youngest! Now I will have to listen to some more stupid legends!

I picked up my I-pod and listened to my favourite songs as she talked about how when they are seen, they are supposed to be warning people of disasters that are about to occur... Blah blah blah!

I was sure there is no such thing as a mothman...

But I was wrong...

My name is Bliss Terry, and this is my story.